Jealous of my boyfriends sister? :( Is this weird?

my boyfriend is 19 and his sister is 21, she is away at uni at the moment (we are long distance by the way) and he goes and sees her at least once a month, even though she comes home for the holidays for weeks on end. When he goes and sees her he gets time of work so he can leave early and get to see her sooner, bare in mind it takes the same amount of time for him to get to me as it does for him to get to her. he NEVER in the history of our year and a half relationship gotten time of work for anything relating to me. But for her he gets time of work? He does things with her. They go to concerts together, drinking together etc - again, never in the time we've been together has he done that for me. I have tried and tried but he always makes excuses, but with her? no problem. Another thing is, hes not big on social media, like, at all. He doesn't have a profile picture and has like 15 of his close friends on facebook, yeah including her.he told me he didn't like profile pictures when i asked him why he didnt put one of us on. And guess what hes gone at done now? HE PUT A PICTURE OF HIM AND HER UP. After he refused to put up one of me and him. He likes every single one of her pictures on facebook which, no he doesn't and has never done with me.Im really hurt .Again this weekend he is spending with her, she just put a pic up of him and her and hes kissing her head and holding her and im ******* hurt to be honest. never get that kind of attention and it hurts. He loves her so much

You're not happy with your boyfriend's choices. The relationship isn't meeting your needs. It's time to break up.

Relationships which are worth keeping do not cause us pain.

• Like 3
Space Ritual

Sorry that has happened.

Even though you probably already know this, blood of course is thicker than water, so I suspect little will change and he seems close enough with his sister that they have an unbreakable bond.

I know it is a tough thing to deal with, but my suggestion is that after a year and a half of dealing with it to o avail, you might find a BF who is a little more emotionally available to you.

Sorry, I think you need a new Boyfriend.

I agree you need a new BF.....

Are they step kids by any chance?

What smackie is indirectly and oh-so-diplomatically hinting at, but which I, the barbarian man-monster that I am will tell you directly, is that maybe his personal philosophy is: "incest is best". It wouldn't be the first time that too-close step sibs have been the reason posts have been made to this board. Inappropriate relationships between steps have been the reason for many a bust - up. If I were you, I would be getting as far away from this family as I could get...

• Like 1

It actually doesn't matter how close they are. The problem here is your boyfriend is not interested in you. And you know that because of all you told us.

I wouldn't even take the time to dig in his relationship with his sister. You have enough here as for realizing you need to break up and move on ASAP.

• Like 4