Not sure if this personal trainer at my gym was interested?

I noticed a personal train around the gym always looking at me from a distance about 4 months ago. I thought he was the type that probably looks at many women in the gym so I used to ignore him. He continued to stare like it became a habit or something so I still continued to ignore it.

Recently it's like his staring became intense to the point I started to feel awkward when I saw him. I began avoiding him by being in areas where he couldn't see me but he would still spot me and stare directly at me when I'd have to walk by where he was.

I wouldn't have minded if he was friendly and said hi but his staring just made me uncomfortable and avoid him.

In the last few days he completely ignores me and has his back faced towards if he sees me coming. Seems like he can't stand me now.

I just think what the hell was all that strange behaviour about? It was like two extremes.

He has has zero for confidence ... He's been staring at you for 4 months without a friendly hello? That would make me uncomfortable.....down right creepy. In his mind you rejected him, now he is pissed and crushed. Weirdo.

• Like 1
Actually he's seen me with a PT already so he knew that wasn't going to happen :)

Just a word of caution here.

If you look though this forum and others online you will come across more than a few stories from people who have entered into relationships with personal trainers that have ended badly.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that said trainers by nature, since they are usually in very good physical condition, have more than one person at the gym attracted to them. So they usually have many romantic options available to them dependent on the clients they take on.

I am sure not all personal trainers are happy to play people but they do overall have a generally poor and notorious reputation for bed hopping. So if you do engage in some sort of relationship in the future with this guy just remember that you won't be the only one that would like to get some alone time with this guy. In fact you may end up being nothing more than a passing phase until another potential belt notch comes along.

If you are ok with that, then who are we to judge? I just hope you realize that you will have constant competition from other women if you pursue this.

In fact the reason he may be giving you a bit of a cold shoulder is that he has already moved on to potentially bedding someone else. Trainers have a lot of sexual options so they can easily move on without batting an eye.

They work hard at keeping in shape. They don't have to work quite as hard to get laid.

It's just a part of their vocation.

He has has zero for confidence

I've never met a Personal Trainer or Bodybuilder that has anything less than a Steamer Trunk full of confidence.

I've never met a Personal Trainer or Bodybuilder that has anything less than a Steamer Trunk full of confidence.

Not all trainers are the same...they are just like anyone else with their own weaknesses. They just seem they are full of confidence when they are doing their job....this guy could be one of those who puts on a show but doesn't have the courage to approach or he is that full of himself that he expects women to approach him.

I worked with steroid monkey bouncers. They were all puffy and tough, but a lot of them were insecure of themselves. They were all consumed with how big they were, and if they for some reason lost their bulk they felt like losers and women wouldn't be attracted to them. It was so weird with their mentality....

• Like 1

Of course, this will not hold true for all PTs as it will not hold true for all people.

I've known a couple of PTs with lots of confidence in their trade, but when you get past the outer, there's insecurity. PTs are just people with all the same demons as the rest of us.

• Like 1