cheated on

brokenheart48

I just found out two days ago that the guy I have been seeing, in a long distance relationship, cheated on me and is engaged to another girl! Apparently they got engaged last year and I had no idea because everything has been the same as it always was. I only found out because his old roommate added me on instagram and there was a picture of them! If it wasn't for that, I would have never known, which scares me. It also hurts because the ring he gave her as an engagement ring is a ring he had given me as a gift but I had to give back for something(that's a whole other story). We always talked on the phone for hours every night and always talked as if we were a couple. I don't know where the other girl was during this, unless she was in another room or something. He still doesn't know that I know about her, I don't know how to tell him. I can't bring myself to talk to him at all. He was my first everything and now I'm just broken inside and don't know how to feel. He's still planning on moving down here in the next few months too! Who knows if it's with or without the new girl. I just don't know what to do! Does anyone have any advice on how to get over being cheated on? or what I should do? Thank you!

This sucks. No doubt about it.

- Remove him from your life. Don't listen to any BS stories that he's going to spin you and he'll try and spin you a few.

- Chalk this one up to experience.

- If you wish send an email to his fiance explaining that you have just discovered that your longtime boyfriend has proposed to her and you had no idea. You are sure she also has no idea he was dating someone else the whole time too. You can tell her the story about the ring if you like. But keep any bitterness out of it. Just the facts and as many as you can furnish her. You're wanting to give her information so she can make a more informed decision about her life, not make it look like you're a deranged stalker. Things like dates he came to visit you, his future plans, what he told you about various things. Stuff that she can basically verify against her own life and experiences with him and put it all together herself to realise you're not just some crazy ex trying to pull a stunt. What you're saying actually matches us with his behaviour and he's going to have one hell of a time untangling the web and explaining it all away. Only do this if your motivation is to help her out by not making the same mistake you did. Remember you've both been duped by him.

• Like 3