LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

How do I get her to stop liking me?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2016, 1:14 PM   #1

How do I get her to stop liking me?

There's a girl in class who has been showing interest for the past six months. Despite me not showing any interest back, she still hasn't stopped and it's really starting to annoy me. She's looking at me literally every day and is always trying to be close to me. I've barely looked at her hoping she would get the message that I'm not interested but she won't stop.
I feel bad for her, but do you have any suggestions on how I can get her to stop staring at me, or even better, stop liking me? I don't want to be rude and tell her to stop staring at me though because she seems like a nice girl.
Deonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 1:19 PM   #2
Established Member

Has she ever spoken to you and expressed interest? What class is this that you've been in for the past 6 months? Is the semester close to ending for you? Just ignore her.
JewelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 1:23 PM   #3
Established Member

You can't control someone elses actions, but you can control yours.. she's probably trying to get you to ask her out and by you not showing any interest she will give up eventually. Do you sit by her? Ask the teacher to move you if she has easy access to getting close to you.
IfonlyIknew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 1:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelD View Post
Has she ever spoken to you and expressed interest? What class is this that you've been in for the past 6 months? Is the semester close to ending for you? Just ignore her.
Yeah she's been trying to strike up converstations with me a couple of times but we haven't talked much really.
We have multiple classes together and it's not going to end soon. I've been trying to ignore her all this time and it hasn't worked, but perhaps if I continue to ignore her she'll stop soon? Or should I try to stare her down sometimes when she stares at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfonlyIknew View Post
You can't control someone elses actions, but you can control yours.. she's probably trying to get you to ask her out and by you not showing any interest she will give up eventually. Do you sit by her? Ask the teacher to move you if she has easy access to getting close to you.
I've been hoping she would give up but it's been like six months now, which is crazy. I've not showed any interest back, at all.
I'm hoping she'll stop showing interest soon because sometimes it makes me a but uncomfortable knowing she's staring at me 24/7.
Old 17th November 2016, 1:52 PM   #5
Established Member

I think you should focus on your schoolwork and ignore her. From what you've stated, she's not doing anything that would be considered harassment. If you stare at her while she's staring at you, she might see that as you being interested. Just try to stop looking in her direction and pretend like she's not there.
JewelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2016, 1:57 PM   #6
Established Member

Let her see you with your arm around another girl. That will take the wind out of her sails.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 2:00 PM   #7
Established Member

Sounds like your a nice bloke, if you want to tell her without being rude, or uncaring.

Just tell her that at your age, you don't want to be in a relationship with a girl right now.
Your having fun with your mates, and life without wanting to expand or infringe on that with a girlfriend.
Tell her you can be friends only, and say hello here and there, but nothing more.

Don't let her keep getting more emotionally attached to you for too long.

Most of all please be mindful, that's its a young person, and you can and will bring pain in her life. How you do it, will determine her recovery time.

But, what I wish more for, is this girl grow up to look like Charlize Theron, and rub it in your face in 10 years or so !.

Everyone deserves a chance..

Ted.
Deonce likes this.
Superchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 5:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
Sounds like your a nice bloke, if you want to tell her without being rude, or uncaring.

Just tell her that at your age, you don't want to be in a relationship with a girl right now.
Your having fun with your mates, and life without wanting to expand or infringe on that with a girlfriend.
Tell her you can be friends only, and say hello here and there, but nothing more.

Most of all please be mindful, that's its a young person, and you can and will bring pain in her life. How you do it, will determine her recovery time.

But, what I wish more for, is this girl grow up to look like Charlize Theron, and rub it in your face in 10 years or so !.

Ted.
That's what I'm going to say to her if she one day decides to ask me out or something similar. We're not talking though so there's a risk that she will keep staring at me until she one day gets sick of it.

She's not ugly, she looks pretty average but I'm just not feeling anything for this girl.
Old 19th November 2016, 3:11 AM   #9
Established Member

I get this a lot from girls. I get flirted with a lot.

I told a girl who was all over me that I was gay and instead of taking the hint she challenged me to give her a try and she'd convert me.
loverboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 2:07 PM   #10

Three months later she still hasn't stopped staring at me.
Look, how do I tell her that I'm not interested without hurting her feelings? We're barely talking because I avoid her all the time but she still won't stop.
It's really annoying because I see her every day and I can't wait till school is over because we're gonna have the same classes for a long time.
Old 14th February 2017, 2:13 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post

Ted.
UM, he's a young person as well and has every right not to be interested in her that way. Plus, he can't control her emotions.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 2:16 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonce View Post
Look, how do I tell her that I'm not interested without hurting her feelings? We're barely talking because I avoid her all the time but she still won't stop.
It's really annoying because I see her every day and I can't wait till school is over because we're gonna have the same classes for a long time.
The next time she stares at you ask her "why do you stare at me?" with a straight face and no smile. If she tells you she's interested tell her you are not. If she doesn't say anything perhaps she got the message.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 3:35 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonce View Post
Go eat a ton of Arby's, walk up to her and belch in her face and tell her you'll give her 10 bucks if she can "Guess Your Lunch".

That should do it.
Old 14th February 2017, 4:22 PM   #14
Established Member

Why don't you just make her President of the fan club, and tell her to start recruiting more members?
mightycpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 3:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ritual View Post
Go eat a ton of Arby's, walk up to her and belch in her face and tell her you'll give her 10 bucks if she can "Guess Your Lunch".

That should do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightycpa View Post
Why don't you just make her President of the fan club, and tell her to start recruiting more members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
The next time she stares at you ask her "why do you stare at me?" with a straight face and no smile. If she tells you she's interested tell her you are not. If she doesn't say anything perhaps she got the message.
I'm actually going to try and do that, even if I will come off as a bit rude. Can't wait to see her reaction.