? on Google's Location History GPS--Can GF turn it off without me knowing?

Hello everyone. Im glad I found these forums. I will make a seperate post later on on why Im very sure that my girlfriend is cheating on me but I want to talk about Google Map's Timeline.

A few months ago my girlfriend gave me one of her phones after mine broke. Back then little did she know that her gmail account was attached to it. I paid no attention as well.

Flash forward to now. I started to get suspicious and recently discovered that Google Maps has something where it shows your current GPS. Her phone and my phone were attached. About 10 days later I got strong hints that she knew what I was doing.

Now to my question:

Both our of our devices are hooked to her account (she also has an Iphone but its been disabled for GPS tracking).

It shows that her Note 5 phone is currently switched on for LOCATION HISTORY.

On my phone, I noticed that I could turn ON the LOCATION HISTORY and at the same time, turn OFF where it says LOCATION. Now when I turn it off where it says location, it says that my for my Android phone Location History is TURNED ON but current location tracking has been turned off. Like this:

My Android Phone- (LOCATION HISTORY TURNED ON)

Location last reported Aug 18

Location is OFF for Timeline

Her Samsung Note 5 (LOCATION HISTORY TURNED ON)

Location last reported August 18

My question is this. Is it possible that she can turn on the Location History button and TURN OFF the location button without me realizing it?

For my phone it shows this when I do that.

My Android Phone- (LOCATION HISTORY TURNED ON)

Location last reported Aug 18

Location is OFF for Timeline

Im hoping that what she does to her phone (if she turned off location setting) that it would show on my end as well for what she is doing.

OMG people actually do that with their SO??? Is there no privacy? She's not your dog, you don't need to know where she is 24/7.

[]

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 6
GorillaTheater
OMG people actually do that with their SO??? Is there no privacy? She's not your dog, you don't need to know where she is 24/7.

[]

I can see doing this in a marriage, where you want some facts before you file for divorce and begin a struggle over property and child custody issues; a lot may be riding on knowing what exactly is going on.

But a bf/gf relationship? The hell with all of this crap. If you trust her that little, call it a day and move on.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 3

Good grief! The digital equivalent of hiding in the bushes with binoculars across from her house. Beyond creepy! Stop obsessing and break up already since you trust her so little! You don't have a relationship anymore if your distrust for her leads you to stoop to this type of dysfunctional behavior!

• Like 4

Folks, let's dispense with the hyperbolic adjectives and focus in on the topic:

My question is this. Is it possible that she can turn on the Location History button and TURN OFF the location button without me realizing it?

There have been no relationship specifics, only a general reference to the starter being cheated on, posted so, pending those, if members know about this stuff with phones, offer up advice or personal experience. Opinion about interacting with the phones or software is fine. Opinions on the character or psychology of the thread starter is not fine. Hope that explains sufficiently.

OK...... so if you have any questions about cel phone functions please refer to the owner's manual

• Like 3

I've googled it but can't find a definitive answer. The google site itself has alot of information about how it works for particular phones. Maybe have a look there.

It does seem like alot of trouble for someone to go to if it is this complicated to do or even find an answer for.

if you feel she is, just confront her. Obviously there has been some other contributing factors you haven't mentioned that has made you come to this conclusion. I think the GPS thing is just a waste of time.

• Like 1
RecentChange

Or she can just switch to airplane mode, and the phone won't track anything.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...