Am I overreacting ?? Bf posts a picture

So my bf is on holiday now at Singapore with his family. And they went swimming and Stuff. Well he uploads a new profile picture on WhatsApp. It's of him in a pool and a woman in bikini behind him. She's not even looking at the camera. Her back is facing the camera. So I asked him who that was and he said she's some tourist who was on vacation too and that he didn't even know her. She was also with her husband. Well it felt to me like he purposely took that pik in such a way that the woman would be seen. Probably to act cool and stuff to his friends. And it really really bothered me. I started crying kiw hell asking him to change but he didn't. He said I was overreacting for no reason. Well if he really cared about me don't you think he would've taken my feelings into consideration and removed that pik ? But he didn't. And whenever he asks me to change a picture cause he thought they were too "exposing" I would change cause I care about him. But still he didn't change . then I got really mad and broke up with him. He was like if you're gonna break up for this cheap reason then get lost . he knows I'm really sensitive and still he does that. So I blocked Him on WhatsApp and he blocked me after that too. Later he unloaded that same pik on Instagram. Just shows how much he really cares :/ if he uploaded that again even after knowing how it'd make me feel. I feel like **** now. BTW We've been dating for 3 years. We're both 21. I'm bis first gf. And he has never cheated on me so far too but I can't help but feel that he doesn't love me like I love him. Else he would've removed that pik. What should I do now ?

You broke up with him and blocked him, so you move on.

Or was it just intended to be a power move that has apparently back fired?

For the record, I think you are being silly. If he was cheating on you with this woman, do you honestly think he would post her picture for you to see?

• Like 7

Not everybody pays attention to the people around them on in the frame when they take a picture. She was some random woman, not a threat to you. You overreacted & ruined your own relationship.

• Like 9

OK. Now that you broke up with him, you need to start posting some nice pics of yourself on your social media. You are a free woman now - enjoy it:bunny:

For the record, I think you did the right thing. Guys are generally clueless about such things - so he very well could have uploaded that picture not thinking how you would feel. But, if it were me, as soon as you expressed yourself, and how much you didn't like it, I would have taken it down. Especially if you have done the same for me (taking down pictures I didn't like). One other thing, he's all talk now but when he gets back he is going to try to be all apologetic and try to get back with you- don't fall for it. As of right now, he is on vacation and he is single! He will be busy getting with other women and having some fun sowing his oats whilst he can. He figures it is guilt free because your are now technically broken up. He can have all the sex he wants and not have to deal with the consequences...If you do take him back, I predict you will be back here telling how devastated you are because BF had sex with other women whilst on vacation...:(

• Like 1

Just a reality check...even when in a relationship/married guys will look at, check out, make comment about other women. They will even fantasize about other women while masturbating. It doesn't mean they love you any less, they are just being men, and men are way way more sexually driven on average. So there you have it. If you think there is any guy out there that you call a bf should never look at or admire another woman because they are with you....you are living in a fantasy world. It doesn't exist.

You are over reacting.....if you are that sensitive, then you are not ready for an adult committed relationship.

• Like 9
he knows I'm really sensitive and still he does that.

That's your issue. He shouldn't have to nor should you expect him to tippy toe around you because you're overly sensitive, especially about things that you're clearly overreacting about.

I can't help but feel that he doesn't love me like I love him. Else he would've removed that pik. What should I do now ?

You ended it with him. And clearly tried to use a break-up to manipulate him into doing what you wanted him to do. It backfired. You can reach out and apologize for being so dramatic or you can push forward with the break-up.

• Like 8
introverted1

You way over-reacted imo, and then behaved childishly to boot.

In any case, you are broken up now, so use this time to reflect on what you can/should do differently in your next relationship.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I think him uploading the pic on Instagram shows that he doesn't really give a damn about your feelings TBH.

I personally wouldn't have said anything about the pic... even if I didn't like it. I'm quite sure if you had a pic with the back of a hunky guy in it, he would also have something to say about it. He could have got her blurred out easily with a photo shop app.

Part of being in a relationship is considering the other's feelings. He didn't do that. So go ahead and upload the pics you want now you're free of him.

Don't chase him or call him and maintain NC. It's your best weapon right now to protect yourself.

LoveRefreshed

Your having a jealous reaction right now. The "If you loved me" or "It shows how little you love me.." statements are generally thoughts of a jealous and insecure nature.

I can love a woman and totally want to bang another woman. I can love multiple people at once even. I think he was being a little bit ridiculous to not just remove the picture BUT if have been insecure/jealous before, he could have been asserting a boundary with you that some stranger in a bikini behind him in the photo is a little bit over the line for you to be jealous about.

• Like 3

he should have been a bit more considerate towards your feelings.. i have experianced something similar... my ex took picks with bikini models and wen we broke up he put it on facebook! i was shocked! never even knew he went there.. anyways.. maybe it was not meant to be... and im my opinion if it really was a genuine tourist.. i reckon he should be more convincing to you and talk to you... rather than let the break up go ahead.. if i were him i would honestly try and tell u with everything that this was a genuine tourist.. but it seems like he just gave up easily..

• Author

Unhappy Am I overreacting ?? Bf posts a picture

So my bf is on holiday now at Singapore with his family. And they went swimming and Stuff. Well he uploads a new profile picture on WhatsApp. It's of him in a pool and a woman in bikini behind him. She's not even looking at the camera. Her back is facing the camera. So I asked him who that was and he said she's some tourist who was on vacation too and that he didn't even know her. She was also with her husband. Well it felt to me like he purposely took that pik in such a way that the woman would be seen. Probably to act cool and stuff to his friends. And it really really bothered me. I started crying kiw hell asking him to change but he didn't. He said I was overreacting for no reason. Well if he really cared about me don't you think he would've taken my feelings into consideration and removed that pik ? But he didn't. And whenever he asks me to change a picture cause he thought they were too "exposing" I would change cause I care about him. But still he didn't change . then I got really mad and broke up with him. He was like if you're gonna break up for this cheap reason then get lost . he knows I'm really sensitive and still he does that. So I blocked Him on WhatsApp and he blocked me after that too. Later he unloaded that same pik on Instagram. Just shows how much he really cares :/ if he uploaded that again even after knowing how it'd make me feel. I feel like **** now. BTW We've been dating for 3 years. We're both 21. I'm bis first gf. And he has never cheated on me so far too but I can't help but feel that he doesn't love me like I love him. Else he would've removed that pik. Its been 2 days with no contact. Today he makes that pik as his Facebook profile picture and his friend comments "dan bilizerian" . I feel like ****. He also made it his Instagram profile picture. I can't stop crying. It's not just about the pic anymore. He's doing all that even though ke knows how much it bothered me. It's like he wants everyone to see him as this guy who can get other chicks. I hate him Soo much right now. I don't know what to do

Michelle ma Belle

Sorry OP but I personally think you WAY over reacted and made something out of nothing. You both are acting like children. It's probably best you're not together anymore.

• Like 1
PegNosePete

Do you think making another thread exactly the same will get you any different answers?

Yes you overreacted.

• Like 1
PegNosePete

Well if you hate him so much and you've broken up then just NC him and move on with your life.

• Like 1
Noo I just wanted to update the story :/

The only thing your update proves is that you are not a woman of your word. You said you broke up with him. If you broke up with him you should have unfriended him from all social media. Had you done that, you would not now know what he posted as his profile picture nor what comments it received.

You want to stir up drama. You think if you continue to cry whoa is me that you can manipulate him into doing what you want & that he should come crawling back to you begging forgiveness. The world doesn't work like that.

Perhaps he did intentionally frame this shot with the picture of the hot woman he saw on vacation. While that makes him a bit of a perv who is exploiting this woman on vacation with her family utterly unaware of the man-boy who snapped her picture, your EX did not cheat on you by doing so. It is disrespectful & I wouldn't be happy about it but you are overreacting.

• Like 2
Noo I just wanted to update the story :/

The only update to this story would be you sticking by a break-up YOU initiated. It could be that he's just trying to antagonize you because he knows you're privy to his online profiles -- regardless, you should be blocking him and continuing to move away from this. If anything it solidifies the fact that you should stick by your decision.

You gave him an ultimatum and he took it. You hoped that your threat would get him to do what you wanted him to do, but unfortunately, he embraced it and is done. Time for you to move on as well.

Your having a jealous reaction right now. The "If you loved me" or "It shows how little you love me.." statements are generally thoughts of a jealous and insecure nature.

Oh yes,the ultimate manipulation line. Some people think they can lead with this and say whatever they like and their partner must then obey.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
ilovemefirst

yes, you overreacted. You should work on your insecurities before you enter a relationship, because you will ruin all your relationships. Its not healthy..