How can you be more witty when flirting with a girl?

Hi! I wanted to ask you something about flirting. I'm a shy and insecure guy, I've always had troubled flirting and trying to date girls. To this date I've never kissed anyone (I'm 23 years old). I'm a short dude(5 ft 4), average looking, with a slim build. I'm nice, but not that charming or witty. I'm not the kind of guy that girls fall in love with or become interested as soon as they see him, therefore I got to try harder. When trying to flirt, I get stuck in the things I should say. Basically, I don't know how to flirt. I'm not that witty or smooth. First of all, I don't know how to approach a girl without being awkward or creepy. And lately I've been drinking in an effort to be more outgoing and more brave, but I wan't to stop doing it because that's not who I am. My dad's and alcoholic and drinking reminds me of it. I would like to know how to be more witty and charming. And if you have any succesful flirting tips and lines, I'll appreciate it.

i think everyone everyone has a sense of humor and i also think everyone is charming .. so you're lucky cuz you're part of the everyone crowd. yay! you just need to have the self esteem that say's hi ..and i know you want me all wrapped up into one.

It's a difficult question to answer because there's nothing anyone can really tell you as far as "lines" go that are going to work. Lines are just what they sound like... Lines. Girls pick up on this incredibly easily and it's the least attractive thing in the world especially if you come across as insecure and nervous when asking. It'd be one thing if you were cocky and confident then you can stroll up and say "what's up, just wanted to ask you how much does a polar bear weigh?......enough to break the ice...hey I'm Jackson" lol. Some guys can get away with that, most can't.

I have a very outgoing and sociable personality, probably why I do sales as a career but there are a few things that I had success with a majority of the time when I was meeting someone new or talking to a girl.

Something I did and still do with my gf every now and then to find out more about her is ill ask "ok so tell me a fun fact about yourself" they'll chuckle and be like "haha what do you mean". Then just say "I don't know you tell me, any topic throughout your life, just tell me a fun fact about you". You can give her an example and say " like for example, I used to do commercials for Cheerios when I was a kid" (yeas I know of course it's a lie but it's all in good fun so make something up that she'll get a kick out of). Be confident in going with it though, she's prolly never been asked that before so will try and think of something. Regardless of what she says compliment her and say that it was a great example... You think she can do better and you'll find out as the night progresses.

Second option: I always liked to ask absolutely ridiculous hypothetical questions. Keep in mind that I do put forth a pretty confident vibe around girls in general so if they didn't play along I would just act like "oh jeez, you're no fun at all, see u later" . So hypothetical questions.... Can be anything in the world that you want.

If I met a girl and she was around a group of her friends I'd go with "ok so..you're on a deserted island and you can only have 2 of these people there with you for the next 10 years...who are they gonna be?" That gets her socially involving her friends and starts you off playfully and also shows you who she's close with and why.

I've asked some pretty absurd things just basically for my own amusement and to see what people would tell me so once again just know it's not for everyone but can't hurt to have a couple unusually ideas in your backpocket to try.

" you're on death row and they ask you what you want for your last meal, what are you gonna eat?"

"If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be"

" if you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be"

" I just bought a dog,..show her a picture of the dog... You have any pets?... I look at him and just want to figure out if he could say 1 sentence in English what do you think it'd be?...what would yours say"

See like I said, absolutely absurd stuff. Most of the time it starts off with them laughing and being like "omg what kind of question is that?!." To which I follow up with "oh shoot my bad...you prefer to talk about the weather or should I ask you what you're majoring in like the other 1000 dudes have before?"

You're just doing it to have fun and engage and show them that you're fun to be around. Once a girl can have fun around you then you can be more charming and playful and turn it into romance but I always had success doing this because it caught girls attention and made them think a little bit. Most guys say the same things over and over again. So if immediately she's laughing with you and playing along then you've already separated yourself from the others and attracted her attention. Anything can happen from there.

Jacob_Duluoz

You need to try and get inside the head of the target of your affection. What makes them tick? What do you have in common? What differences are there? When you have a chance to use your knowledge of them to build off of what they're saying, you can be witty at the right time. Wit is using information to make a point, be it humorous or serious, without the person seeing the comment coming. You would be amazed, most people don't see past their own noses and are easily surprised.

Practice practice practice.

I wouldn't recommend "cold approach" or PUA style lines. Just talk normally. If you're showing interest and talking normally then you're half way there.

Be charming & witty in life in general. Consider taking classes through Dale Carnegie. Also look into a group called Toastmasters which is more about public speaking but it can help with social awkwardness & give you more confidence.

It's a difficult question to answer because there's nothing anyone can really tell you as far as "lines" go that are going to work. Lines are just what they sound like... Lines. Girls pick up on this incredibly easily and it's the least attractive thing in the world especially if you come across as insecure and nervous when asking. It'd be one thing if you were cocky and confident then you can stroll up and say "what's up, just wanted to ask you how much does a polar bear weigh?......enough to break the ice...hey I'm Jackson" lol. Some guys can get away with that, most can't.

I have a very outgoing and sociable personality, probably why I do sales as a career but there are a few things that I had success with a majority of the time when I was meeting someone new or talking to a girl.

Something I did and still do with my gf every now and then to find out more about her is ill ask "ok so tell me a fun fact about yourself" they'll chuckle and be like "haha what do you mean". Then just say "I don't know you tell me, any topic throughout your life, just tell me a fun fact about you". You can give her an example and say " like for example, I used to do commercials for Cheerios when I was a kid" (yeas I know of course it's a lie but it's all in good fun so make something up that she'll get a kick out of). Be confident in going with it though, she's prolly never been asked that before so will try and think of something. Regardless of what she says compliment her and say that it was a great example... You think she can do better and you'll find out as the night progresses.

Second option: I always liked to ask absolutely ridiculous hypothetical questions. Keep in mind that I do put forth a pretty confident vibe around girls in general so if they didn't play along I would just act like "oh jeez, you're no fun at all, see u later" . So hypothetical questions.... Can be anything in the world that you want.

If I met a girl and she was around a group of her friends I'd go with "ok so..you're on a deserted island and you can only have 2 of these people there with you for the next 10 years...who are they gonna be?" That gets her socially involving her friends and starts you off playfully and also shows you who she's close with and why.

I've asked some pretty absurd things just basically for my own amusement and to see what people would tell me so once again just know it's not for everyone but can't hurt to have a couple unusually ideas in your backpocket to try.

" you're on death row and they ask you what you want for your last meal, what are you gonna eat?"

"If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be"

" if you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be"

" I just bought a dog,..show her a picture of the dog... You have any pets?... I look at him and just want to figure out if he could say 1 sentence in English what do you think it'd be?...what would yours say"

See like I said, absolutely absurd stuff. Most of the time it starts off with them laughing and being like "omg what kind of question is that?!." To which I follow up with "oh shoot my bad...you prefer to talk about the weather or should I ask you what you're majoring in like the other 1000 dudes have before?"

You're just doing it to have fun and engage and show them that you're fun to be around. Once a girl can have fun around you then you can be more charming and playful and turn it into romance but I always had success doing this because it caught girls attention and made them think a little bit. Most guys say the same things over and over again. So if immediately she's laughing with you and playing along then you've already separated yourself from the others and attracted her attention. Anything can happen from there.

I could not agree more. Especially the part : "involve her friends."

If her friends like you, it's a win.

If you arrive, take her appart from what she was doing at first (hanging out with friends) you are screwed. You need to become part of the group. Increase your chances.

Of course that is not exact science.

There's also the factor Physical, chance, past experience from the girl.

Because yes. There are so many guys hitting and hitting and hitting. 90% always the same way.

Make your own, do some tries and enjoy.

More you enjoy, more you feel confident, and more are your chances.

Not much more to say.

I am 173cm, 55kg, losing my hair, 26yo and I had sex with more girls than i could count. Which i am not proud of cuz at the end you earn nothing. But still, i can tell you, follow his advices, mine, get some confidence and you will get rewards. Not just sex, but also great encounters, great girls to share things with but also stupid girls and bad encounter.

But that's the game :)

Like the chocolate box. You have the outside and discover the inside. :)

Good luck.