Need your views on something I can't ask anyone in real life

justwondering_xoxo

To text or not to text him? The tricky part is he is my professor and 25 years older than me. There are rumors of him having slept with students in the past. I'm not sure if he's just being friendly but he called me a few weeks back on my number to ask if everything is okay with me because I don't seem as upbeat as before. I said I'm fine and thanked him. He had my number because I'd texted him a year earlier about a reference. I was pleasantly surprised by his call since I've been crushing on him for three years now.

We texted back n forth a little on two occasions after this. The second time he complimented me on my profile picture, we did not flirt or anything. So I'm not sure of his intentions. I didn't hear from him after that. Should I text myself? Or wait for him to although it appears he won't because it's been over ten days now since we last texted. Honestly I have no idea what to text. I don't want to ruin my chances if any, and worse still don't want to embarrass myself if he has no such intentions.

And also, he won't be influencing my grades in any way, he takes class for us about once in 2 months, and he's divorced and I've just got out of a long term relationship. I know it's a very tricky situation and none of my friends would encourage it and I can't discuss it with them, so I'd appreciate any opinions or advice. Thank you

Edited by justwondering_xoxo
  • Author
justwondering_xoxo

He won't be grading me. And hopefully no one would get to know, then there would be no harm. I still have one year four months to graduate and just four months to finish with the subject he teaches.

So my question is really will texting him myself ruin my chances? Or can I make an exception to initiate in this case considering the tricky dynamic, so maybe it's risky for him to show more interest unless I do too? So do you think I should make a move or just wait it out?

Okay, this dude is 25 years older than you! What exactly to you expect to gain from this? Secondly, a lot of Universities have a fraternization policy that can make him lose tenure or any possibility of GET tenured. Any University I've attended or taught at has pretty much the same policy. Professor's cannot date undergrad students. Gray area with grad students but undergrads are a definite no-no. So, if you're an undergrad, he's playing with fire.

My vote is to leave it alone and date someone your own age and someone you can have a connection with.

Space Ritual
He won't be grading me. And hopefully no one would get to know, then there would be no harm. I still have one year four months to graduate and just four months to finish with the subject he teaches.

So my question is really will texting him myself ruin my chances? Or can I make an exception to initiate in this case considering the tricky dynamic, so maybe it's risky for him to show more interest unless I do too? So do you think I should make a move or just wait it out?

Why are you here?

You are not going to listen to any of the advice that anyone gives you. So, given the fact you just want someone to blow smoke up yer ass and tell you this is a good idea, I think you are probably in the wrong forum.

• Like 2