Girl said "Possibly :D" to meeting me?

Whenever I got a "maybe" from a girl I just assumed she wasn't into me. But this time round I got "possibly ?" from this one girl in particular.

Basically I asked her if she had success of this dating app and she told me she had met two people. I coolly asked her "[...]have you got room for a third" and she replied with "[...] possibly ?". What do you think she means?

Maybe she has another date with one of the people she has already met?

How should I proceed?

I'm thinking of saying "I'm back in (my hometown) next week, so we could organise something for then? Let me know when your schedule frees up."

But I'm not too sure?

From what I read (based on wrote you wrote), what she meant was 'it may be a possibility'.

She didn't say "No", so I see no reason why you shouldn't up the ante and write to her exactly what you'd indicated. If she agrees, you're on; if she says that won't work for her but perhaps another time...then she might mean that. At that point, you should try to ask her out again and if, at that point, she can't/won't commit to a day/time to meet up,

I'd move along. (Apparently, I'm a bigger fan of baseball than I'd realized.)

Best of luck to you, OP...:bunny:

• Author
From what I read (based on wrote you wrote), what she meant was 'it may be a possibility'.

She didn't say "No", so I see no reason why you shouldn't up the ante and write to her exactly what you'd indicated. If she agrees, you're on; if she says that won't work for her but perhaps another time...then she might mean that. At that point, you should try to ask her out again and if, at that point, she can't/won't commit to a day/time to meet up,

I'd move along. (Apparently, I'm a bigger fan of baseball than I'd realized.)

Best of luck to you, OP...:bunny:

I would call it tennis ... hitting the ball and waiting till it's hit back to you :)

If she couldn't one time and then asked if we go do another, that's pretty much telling me she wants to. Otherwise she would say "I'm too busy right now" and that's that.

It's a bit too late in the night to be sending her a message right now, but I'll leave it for tomorrow!

So you think the message I'm thinking of sending is good enough? Should I include a definitive date and see if either 1) She agrees with it 2) Says she can't but tells me when she can 3) Says she's too busy?

• Like 1

:laugh::laugh::laugh:, OP...I called it "baseball", 'cuz I was operating under the "3 strikes rule"...but I can see how it resembles tennis. Anyway you look at it, it IS 'A Game', huh???

Personally, I liked the way you worded it...I thought it was perfect. At this point, if you gave a definite day and time she could honestly have to say 'No' because she IS busy on that exact day at that time, and now you know nothing.

I thought that by you leaving it open, she is freer to give a more-open response that might better indicate if "possibly" means "I think I'm interested" or if "possibly" means "I just like positive attention from guys on the internet and have absolutely no intention of meeting you in real life."

I'm rootin' for ya, OP...;)

• Author
:laugh::laugh::laugh:, OP...I called it "baseball", 'cuz I was operating under the "3 strikes rule"...but I can see how it resembles tennis. Anyway you look at it, it IS 'A Game', huh???

Personally, I liked the way you worded it...I thought it was perfect. At this point, if you gave a definite day and time she could honestly have to say 'No' because she IS busy on that exact day at that time, and now you know nothing.

I thought that by you leaving it open, she is freer to give a more-open response that might better indicate if "possibly" means "I think I'm interested" or if "possibly" means "I just like positive attention from guys on the internet and have absolutely no intention of meeting you in real life."

I'm rootin' for ya, OP...;)

Haha thanks :)

Well I don't want to be beating around the bush with this though. I would usually tend to send an open ended message like the one I wrote down in the OP, but I've learnt that you really need to be upfront with your feelings and what you want.

I feel as if I sent her "Hey I'm back in (hometown) next week. Would like to meet you. Are you free on Friday?" she would either agree to it, not agree to it but say "I'm free on Saturday though" or completely ignore the message.

That said I'm not too confident with what I say lol

• Author

BUMP.

So I told her that I was heading back home this week and it'd be nice to meet her. I asked what her schedule was looking like.

She replies quite quickly with Where is home then haha and I'm not sure.

So I just said "My hometown is (...) :) Well let me know when you do [about her schedule]. How about we swap numbers?"

She has given it and I'll give mine now.

Looking good?

• Like 1
  • Author

Guys I'm starting to think I should send her a message soon?

Like I might organise a bowling date or something for this weekend?

PegNosePete

Give her a CALL.

Ask her out.

If she beats around the bush again, move on.

Anything other than YES means NO.

Life is too short to waste it on time vampires.

Lois_Griffin
Guys I'm starting to think I should send her a message soon?

Like I might organise a bowling date or something for this weekend?

Stop with the silly damned texting and messaging and smoke signals and call her and TALK to her. 15 or 20 years ago, that's what real guys HAD to do. They couldn't hide behind keyboards.

Jeez.

• Like 1