How long do emotions take to go after cheating??

Danstacey123

I have been through the worst. I just get the odd emotion time to time. Anyone give me a insight into how long emotions take to go? I am happy with my new gf now, thanks

petit_souris

My own experience: years (seven and counting).

I might go through months of not thinking about it at all, but sometimes the emotions do come back and haunt me.

It's individual. Some get over it in a matter of weeks, others need years.

Edited by No Limit
lolablue17

I also think it can take years.

I mean, the strong agony can go away after few month or year. But the Ego pains take much more to heal.

Yes, i think Ego is an emotion.. :)

• Like 1
AGoodFriend

In my case, I was young, in love, and devastated when it happened because I believed that we were exclusive (I was living with her).

We eventually had a child and got married, but in the 2.5 years we were married, I never got over it. I would use every opportunity to throw it in her face. I still needed to cling to her, however.

Eventually, we both realized we were really young and we separated amicably.

The day we separated, the pain went away. There will be ups and downs for you for a while if you decide to try to work it out. Only when you decide that it can't be saved and break away for good will the PAIN of the memory (not the memory itself) begin to fade away.

I got over the cheating when I parted ways with my cheating ex.

I gave him a second chance when I found out about it (God knows why), but I never forgave him, I never trusted him for a second after that, I was disgusted by him, hated him, lost all respect for him... but then that other part of me was, I love this guy.

I always threw it in his face. There wasn't a day I didn't think about it.

When he dumped me (yes, HE dumped me! LOL) It was like dead weight finally released.

It's 3 years later and I'm seeing someone new now, for the first time since my ex, and thoughts of cheating, or potential cheating, don't even cross my mind.

• Like 2
  • Author
Danstacey123

Katzee I trust the girl in with now but did you ever get moments where you got headaches or feel so energy less or just feel emotions from it all. I heart or chest doesn't hurt. It may just be my barriers going up and down with it only been 7-8 months after I found out. I am deffinatly happier and don't miss her or want her back so I see that as improvement.

It depends on how deep in love you were and a number of other things. With one BF, I was crushed for weeks, then he came back to me. I accepted him back, but the trust was gone. I dumped him shortly after, I couldn't get over it.

• Author
Danstacey123

Yes I did the same thing sandy. It still lingers now the hurt. Although it is no where near as intense. I sometime wonder if it is on your mind all the time.