Just curious if sending a smiley face :) via text after thanking a person, a professional employee, (who you never met in person) would constitute as officially cheating on a spouse.

This person has tremendously helped my (now) former spouse with his custody issues. I thanked him for his professional services and sent a simple smiley face all via text message because my ex husband didn't have a cell phone , so this person contacted me via text message to convey the custody outcome so I in turn to relay the message to my ex.

Now my ex has accused me of cheating with this person I've never met all because I sent a smiley face. Now I'll admit I am a square person, but never knew of such as rule. Since when does a smiley face means you're cheating with that person?

No, a smiley face does not mean cheating – it’s means a smile. Simple as that, and it’s silly to think otherwise. But more importantly, why do you care what an ex thinks? An ex is an ex. Something doesn’t make sense…..how did this ex even know about what you’re doing/texting?

wow, that's a stretch to call using an emoticon as cheating.

No, it's not.