ramblings about breaking up in an affair..

I am a married woman who had affair with office guy for 2 months. I was not happy in my marriage of 10 years. This led me to go out with my co-worker who was interested and attracted to me. It started out like a dream like fantasy. I felt happy talking to him and being kissed by him. Soon to my disappointment I found out that this guy is a sexual dominant. He only wants to do physical with me when he desires it and not ready to even touch each other when he doesn't want it. Also he was only interested in sex and was not ready for any kind of attachment as he was married too.

His dominant sexual nature and no attachment has completely freaked me out and hurt me a lot. I have started pulling myself away from him in the past week and would like to completely get away from him. It's difficult, but I feel this is the right thing to do to preserve my self-respect.

Working with him in same office, seeing each other every day and working with each other hasn't been easy. Both of us aren't in a state to leave this company. I am so conflicted that I find myself wanting to be kissed and cuddled by him but the hurt I am suffering is causing me a lot of pain. All we did was kissing and groping, not actual sex.

He is like a drug, which I know is not good for me and want to steer clear of. I am trying hard to wean myself of him, remembering the pain and hurt he has caused in me. But the sight of him makes me uncomfortable and guilty. I feel like my conscience is getting to me. Don't know if it is always going to be this tough talking myself to get away from him. Does it get easier with time? Is there a way I can be strong and get this done? Please help me

Edited by pgirl9000
change title

If you're not happy with your marriage, either fix it or leave it. If you are needing an emotional and physical connection and things have fallen to the wayside in your marriage, go to your husband and seekcounseling together. Cheating is not a solution. All you are doing is jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

• Like 2

Your self-respect took a blow as soon as you decided to be with this guy. And now knowing the nature of this man, you found yourself on a slippery slope. You're not only doing this to others. The reason you feel so bad is, because you are doing it to yourself.

Stop all interactions that damage you any further. Anything remotely destructive, stay away from it. Then find a mirror.

I am sorry if that sounds like a lecture. But I think that is what a person in your position needs to hear. Good luck, and make the right choices, they will follow you for a long time. Don't be too hard on yourself, rather, be honest.

Leave your husband, be with OM. He can get a faithful wife, you will be together with your true love. Win-win.

Oh, but tell OMs wife. She needs a new husband. A real one.

I agree with everyone, in order to fix your situation, is to focus on your marriage not this co-worker.....this co-worker is NOT the true issue here, it's your inability to take responsability to deal with your failing marriage. Grow up.

• Like 1