Is it just innocent flirting?

BlueBelleShell

ok so my boyfriend liked this girls pic on facebook. no big deal, normally. except, this girl sent him a message (before he liked her picture) and asked him if he had a gf and to reach to her if he doesn't and how hot he looked. The thing is, I guess they used to like each other in the past but she had a boyfriend (and I guess now is single). He didn't respond to her message which actually bothered me that he didn't respond telling her that he DID have a gf. Then, later that day after she messaged him she posted a picture of herself in her bikini and he liked it! like, the same day she messaged him!

is this innocent or something a little more, considering the circumstances?

I mean when I put myself in his shoes I feel like this: if I wasn't trying to lead a man on who sent me a message like that I would NOT be liking any pix!

Hm. Seems concerning, yes. Have you asked him about this? I would also be troubled that he didn't tell her that yes, he is taken. How do you know about their FB messages?

It's FB. Calm down.

She complimented him & asked if he was available. He "liked" a post. He did not say he was available although it would have been better if he said he has a GF.

Don't make a big deal out of it, especially if there are pictures of you on his page & his status says he's in a relationship. Do keep your eyes open but remain calm at this point.

• Author
BlueBelleShell
It's FB. Calm down.

She complimented him & asked if he was available. He "liked" a post. He did not say he was available although it would have been better if he said he has a GF.

Don't make a big deal out of it, especially if there are pictures of you on his page & his status says he's in a relationship. Do keep your eyes open but remain calm at this point.

True, true. What if they know each other outside of FB?

• Author
BlueBelleShell
It's FB. Calm down.

I guess what bothered me is not that he liked a post but i was a picture of HER showing off her body.

Are they hanging out or sneaking behind your back? If not, relax. Believe it or not there are people who only add FB friends they know IRL.

Do you know this OW? If not, meet her soon. Once she sees you together if she has any honor / class she will probably back off. Not everybody who asks if a guy is single is looking to be a homewrecker. In fact she may have been trying to avoid that.

• Author
BlueBelleShell
Are they hanging out or sneaking behind your back? If not, relax. Believe it or not there are people who only add FB friends they know IRL.

Do you know this OW? If not, meet her soon. Once she sees you together if she has any honor / class she will probably back off. Not everybody who asks if a guy is single is looking to be a homewrecker. In fact she may have been trying to avoid that.

That's true. I gues I am just being insecure because I know in the past he really liked her a lot. But as far as I know they aren't sneaking around. I guess I just get jealous that there may be an attraction still (not that it is anyones fault).

He can be fleetingly attracted to other women & not be unfaithful to you.

Your instincts to be cautious are warranted, just don't blow things out of proportion. Guard your heart but don't make a scene.

• Author
BlueBelleShell
He can be fleetingly attracted to other women & not be unfaithful to you.

Your instincts to be cautious are warranted, just don't blow things out of proportion. Guard your heart but don't make a scene.

Maybe that is what bothers me...trying to decipher the degree of the attraction. lol. I know he is a faithful guy and I also know what it is to be in a relationship and really attracted to someone else too. The thought of that makes me jealous as hell. It doesn't help that she is really pretty.

Maybe that is what bothers me...trying to decipher the degree of the attraction. lol. I know he is a faithful guy and I also know what it is to be in a relationship and really attracted to someone else too. The thought of that makes me jealous as hell. It doesn't help that she is really pretty.

I said fleetingly attracted. You jumped to really attracted. There is a vast difference between clicking a like button & genuinely longing for another person. If you suspect the latter you have a problem. All I saw was the click of a mouse, not a reason to get upset.

• Author
BlueBelleShell
I said fleetingly attracted. You jumped to really attracted. There is a vast difference between clicking a like button & genuinely longing for another person. If you suspect the latter you have a problem. All I saw was the click of a mouse, not a reason to get upset.

well at one point he was really attracted to her in the past. I guess now it has probably died down to just fleeting since it's been awhile. I should just calm down.

• Like 1