I'm New to flirting - How do I start?

Ciao Bella!

It's a pleasure to finally find a site where I can hopefully speak with experienced people about this mind bobbling question that I can't seem to crack. Where do I start if I'm new to flirting? That's the question that has really drove me nuts for some time. Now just to get this out of the way, I'll just give you folks enough details about myself just so yous can atleast get a vague image of me.

Originally from Brooklyn, New York, I live in West Virginia. For heritage, I come from an Italian-American & Spaniard family; To add on to this, we're also pretty loud people if you don't already know about us Italians lol... For education, I'm a 16 year old sophomore student who goes to highschool. People often tell me I have a "New York" accent which is quite obvious to me and most of my peers. However, I often get demoralized since I've read online that my accent can be perceived as an illiterate and uneducated dialect. So, sometimes I just try to hide it. (Not quite too uplifting for me). Anyhow, being Sicilian & Spanish, I'm rather shorter than most and measure in at around 5 ft 5 feet. So, I'm not too tall but not quite short. This often keeps me from flirting since I see most girls my height going for taller guys.

So now that that's out of the way, now to the real point. I'll just flat out say this now, "I've never had a girlfriend before". There, that's it. Today, I want to try and change that by speaking to you on what I need to do in order to change that and hopefully, successfully flirt with girls at my school. For years, females never really crossed my mind since I've always been busy dealing with school and family. Priorities often just soak up most of my time and tends to send me straight towards exhaustion. But now during recent years, I've really wanted to at least experience what a relationship would be like. As far as my personality goes, I'm honestly not really too sure really what I have under my plate to 'impress' women. As far as character goes, I'm an honors/ap student, I like working with tech, I enjoy going to the gym, I like cooking Sunday Italian dinners, and I like to humor people sometimes. Oh! And I find studying foreign languages enjoyable. Yeah... that's about it really - nothing too god-strikingly impressive.

So anyway, how do I start with females? I just don't really know how to 'properly flirt'. Otherwise, all I got is the typical standing in front of the mirror strategy where I try to rehearse the flirt line to ask a girl out. But, I never scored any luck. I mean, if I were to be truthfully honest about the only thing I can really think of for flirting, is telling a girl straight up that "I think she's beautiful" in another language like Italian or Spanish just to fool around with them until I get to the point where I tell them in English that I find her beautiful and would like her number. But that doesn't always work now does it! :(

Well ladies and gentleman, that's enough writing for me. I hope that helps you fellas out on pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!

A good place to start is search on youtube for a 21 convention and watch speeches from James Marshall, there is one called 3 pillars of seductive success and others.

Don't worry about your accent. I met a woman once who tried to play like she was dumb & blamed it on her accent in an attempt to gain sympathy. It was a scam. She had a PhD in bio-chemistry from her country. She was a brilliant person but she did not have a mastery of the English language. I'm a fairly bright well educated person. You would think I'm a moron if you heard me try to speak French or Spanish.

Anybody who writes you off because of your accent alone wasn't worth your time in the 1st place.

As for flirting, NOBODY knows how to flirt at 16. A genuine smile is the best tool. Use it often. Look the other person in the eyes but look away too. Lightly touch someone's arm. Listen to what they are saying & respond to that. Remember you have 2 ears & 1 mouth.

• Author

@d0nnuvain,

These are the two tools that I've tried to use before (mouth and ears) but the problem is that I honestly don't know what to say with them... Literally. :/