A question about affairs?

the_entertainer1

If you are in a relationship and are considering an affair, are you more likely to do so if that person is also seeing someone? Or would you prefer it if your OW or OM were single?

Why don't you do yourself a favor and get out of your relationship first and be truthful with your partner. Sounds like you are craving some excitement with no thought to the havoc you will bring to your life and others when you get caught.

But I am sure you will get responses from the cheerleaders for affairs who will empathize with your terrible dilemw here and council you on how to be deceitful and lie to those that love you.

And rest assured the odds are you will get caught.

Have fun. You obviously have made the decision to hurt someone who cares about you for a sexual thrill. Eventually you will find out if it was worth it

• Author
the_entertainer1
Why don't you do yourself a favor and get out of your relationship first and be truthful with your partner. Sounds like you are craving some excitement with no thought to the havoc you will bring to your life and others when you get caught.

But I am sure you will get responses from the cheerleaders for affairs who will empathize with your terrible dilemw here and council you on how to be deceitful and lie to those that love you.

And rest assured the odds are you will get caught.

Have fun. You obviously have made the decision to hurt someone who cares about you for a sexual thrill. Eventually you will find out if it was worth it

You shouldn't jump to conclusions. I'm not in a relationship and I'm not contemplating having an affair. I'm actually interested in knowing which relationship status (single or attached) would make things less appealing to someone who seemingly wants an affair!

If you are in a relationship and are considering an affair, are you more likely to do so if that person is also seeing someone? Or would you prefer it if your OW or OM were single?

Some people may want the "safety" of having the Other be married.

Personally, I think if you are that callous to actually be searching for a random affair partner, you're not looking for single or married, you're looking for someone who won't rock the boat.

It all depends of your criteria. Some have a big enough ego that they wouldn't tollerate their affair involved with someone else. Some want unattachment, quick fix, temporary. On the emotional side, some just fall for someone that is in a ****ty or boring marriage/relationship...having that in common brings them together. Some women like a married man because he is a challenge and feel special that they are receiveing more special treatment than the wife. And I agree with the above poster some choose married because it's safe, and don't have to worry about committing.

When these things happen tho, usually they are never planned. So they may get just what is there regardless.

We are both married. To other people. It's easier, but also means we can relate to each other

Edited by Sassy Girl

Both being married to other people is also a great equalizer. If things go sour, none of them are going to go to the spouse because they also have something to lose.