Giving Her a Second Chance?

I came home early last friday and surprised my girlfriend with flowers and all that crap. She was on the phone and when she got off she told me it was one of her ex-boyfriends that she hadn't talked to in a while. I didn't make a big deal out of it because she has a lot of guy friends to begin with.

Flash forward to the night. We were out with friends sitting by the fire pit and I notice her texting a lot while us guys were bull****ting. I didn't really take too much notice of it until when I get home and see one of her texts pop up with some graphic content. My curiosity go to me and I what I read pretty much destroyed me.

She was texting the same guy she was talking to earlier when I surprised her. First she sends him a picture of her and then the texts that come after that blew me away. She went on to say I can't talk to you right now because my boyfriend is sitting right here and will get mad. One text she had sent was right after she sent the picture saying: "I know that picture got you going as it did me. I want your mouth and tongue all over my body ... I miss you love you and wish you were mine. we shall c. call me later". Just writing that made me puke in my mouth.

I confronted her and she initially denied it and then she admitted to it saying she didn't know why she did it blah blah blah. We talked for a while, and at that point I Thought I could move forward and work it out since she seemed apologetic and remorseful. The thing is, I can't get this crap out of my mind. It is driving me mad.

Walk away as long as you don't have kids with her. Anyone can act remorseful it does not mean they really are. If she really loved you it would have never happened in the first place.

Cheating with no real consequences just allows the person a pass to cheat again.

Clay

• Like 3

Dude run! And get tested for STDs. Every ex she has only has to snap their fingers to get her into doggy style position. Find a real partner, not a child in the body of one. And people like her - those that must have a partner around them at all times, anything just never be alone - have probably a lot more issues they won't show you before marriage.

Oh wow. You deserve so much better than her. And she knows that. And you know that. Get out of it. Her text meant exactly what she typed. It makes me so sad to know that people can do that kind of stuff.

Btw, how long have you guys been together? And is it the first time you catch something like that?

• Author

We have been together for over 10 months. I haven't seen anything like this before from her. I found this by accident. The thing that is driving me nuts is that she says she hates cheaters because she was cheated on and all that crap. The sad thing is I can go out and get a girl instantly to get laid, but I DON'T because I respect our relationship and if I felt I needed to then the relationship is over already.

Fooled you once, shame on her.

Fooled you twice, shame on you.

All depends how you feel about her, is it love or just a lot of like?

If things are just okay, maybe best to cut and run.

Pal learn from us who've gone through this nonsense, stayed, tried to work things out because we thought we were doing the right thing. It will end up very badly for you.

Think about it, she can say those things WITH you there! Imagine what they were saying when you weren't there?

Regardless walk away and thank the stars you found out what she was like before you put more time into this relationship, moved in together etc.

Let her have the dude, you know the saying if she can cheat on you with him, she can cheat on him with someone else.

No second chance. Walk away and look like a god!

• Like 1

Dude, if she was that bold and brazen to do this stuff in your presence, then you need to walk away from this one. The text and pics should have sealed the deal for you. You only got 10 months invested. Better to find out now what kind of girl she is rather than 5 years and a family later.

• Like 1

She is a liar and a cheater and she will say anything to save her ass. If it helps her, she will admit being a circus clown in the past.

You are together only 10 month??? 10 month??? If she's doing it while you both fresh and new, imagine what she will do in the future when your R will enter the routine stage.

You shouldn't have let it slip. End it for your sake. She is scum.

I will tell you right now, I went through this not too long ago as well. The thing about this is, that's how they react. I caught mine sending dirty messages to a guy, all she could say is she didn't know. I was more angry that she wouldn't give me an answer as to why.

If she does it once, she will do it again. To be a cheater you have to make the distinct action of not only doing the said act, but also hiding it. Cell phones are the devil, facebook is as well.

My advice is to get rid of her, and do it nicely. Cheaters want you to do it ruthless, so they can justify it. "Oh, he was an ass. No wonder why I did it." You do it nicely, but firmly...tell her you are disappointed and can't trust her, I swear it'll work wonders. Then I suggest you work on yourself. Being cheated on does a number on your image. Your confidence drops, your feelings of being drop...it just sucks all around. But, the quicker you turn that around the quicker she realizes that she made a mistake.

After being cheated on, you should come out better in the long run. I used it as motivation and got into the best shape of my life (wasn't in bad shape before). Just use it... learn from it... know the signs but don't look for them with every girl you meet. Good Luck.

I confronted her and she initially denied it and then she admitted to it saying she didn't know why she did it blah blah blah. We talked for a while, and at that point I Thought I could move forward and work it out since she seemed apologetic and remorseful.
When a cheater gets caught they are going to say something to you, even if it is just word put together that says nothing and does not make sense. They are going to say that they are sorry even if they are not. All of this is expected, what else can they do when you catch them? They know that they betrayed you. They know that you should dump them. They just hope that you will be so blinded by love that you let them "blah blah blah" their way out of this.

I am so sorry..I almost puked reading it. Huni, listen to the folks here.

She disrespected you. She is cheating on you whether there has been physical contact or not. NO ONE JUST WRITES THAT STUFF. What, did a demon possess her body and move her fingers over the keyboard? And to me to be as brazen as to do it basically in front of you is really gross and shows a total disregard for you. Hell, I'll go a step further....she doesn't really care that you found out as the burden of ending the relationship is on now on you...I am convinced that any person that would not delete that type of information from their phone or email is subconsciously waiting to get caught. I can tell you there are 100 ways to cover your tracks to avoid being found out by the amateur couch detective.

Do not waste your time.

Do not listen to even one of her excuses...because you will not get much of anything that resembles truth.

Cut your losses.

Let her go get slobbered on...I can assure you that is not the spark of any real interest on her ex's part, that is opportunistic "get me some" and nothing more.

She needs to learn the hard way but she has made the choice...it doesn't have to be yours.

I'd really like to slap her..many, many, times.

• Like 2

Nice and direct. 100% right. `A good slap`, nice touch.

I am so sorry..I almost puked reading it. Huni, listen to the folks here.

She disrespected you. She is cheating on you whether there has been physical contact or not. NO ONE JUST WRITES THAT STUFF. What, did a demon possess her body and move her fingers over the keyboard? And to me to be as brazen as to do it basically in front of you is really gross and shows a total disregard for you. Hell, I'll go a step further....she doesn't really care that you found out as the burden of ending the relationship is on now on you...I am convinced that any person that would not delete that type of information from their phone or email is subconsciously waiting to get caught. I can tell you there are 100 ways to cover your tracks to avoid being found out by the amateur couch detective.

Do not waste your time.

Do not listen to even one of her excuses...because you will not get much of anything that resembles truth.

Cut your losses.

Let her go get slobbered on...I can assure you that is not the spark of any real interest on her ex's part, that is opportunistic "get me some" and nothing more.

She needs to learn the hard way but she has made the choice...it doesn't have to be yours.

I'd really like to slap her..many, many, times.

• Like 1
The thing that is driving me nuts is that she says she hates cheaters because she was cheated on and all that crap.

It's called projecting. She projects her own issues that she hates about herself onto others. And lies in the process. Well, not very surprisingly; how many boyfriends would she have if she said "Hello, I really like you, I cheat on every partner I have by the way".

Just get rid of her. There's plenty of fish in the sea. And better fish.

Coming soon to a forum near you: Giving her a third chance?

Followed by the sequel to that sequel: Giving her a fourth chance?

I'm sorry, OP, but I'm pretty sure if she is behaving like this, she wasn't the one who was cheated on. She was the one who cheated. If you hate something that much after it happens to you, you don't repeat the same behavior.

This was like a bitch slap of reality.

Be thankful you got that smack prior to marriage - or worse, pregnancy. Plenty of guys didn't have that luck.

• Like 1

Do yourself a favour bud, get out now before its too late. you may miss her and it will suck for a while but trust me I was in exactly your shoes for a while. I should have left. She definitely gonna cheat trust me those messages aren't from someone who's committed.

Of course she seemed remorseful, most women do when caught in a situation like this, but you can never let it fool you. Like others have said, kick her to the curb and do not talk to her anymore.

I just wanted to thank you all. It's amazing how the writing was on the wall and I was blind to it. This was like a bitch slap of reality.

Hey we live and learn, and you gave it your best shot. You march on and find your happiness, best of luck.