I have never flirted before how do you flirt? [Updated]

There is this really cute cashier at Walmart. I looked and he's not wearing a wedding ring. I am naturally a shy person. What should I say to him? Please serious responses only. I've never approached a guy in person before. I have noticed he works a lot of the time I do my grocery shopping. I always go grocery shopping the same time of day. He always works the same counter. The reason I have never approached a guy I think is cute before is I am afraid of rejection. Any advice would be appreciated.

Difficult to say anything with the customer queuing up behind you. Maybe write you number on a card with "call me" and a heart. Then say "I have this for you".

sdrawkcaB ssA

Gosh, this reminds me of days when I was a sales person in college. One guy liked to joke about using a rubber glove and stamping a check image to make real rubber checks. They are legal as long as the personal and bank information is correct along with signature.

You can ask if he has change for a 3 dollar bill to see if his humor is satisfactory, and say how about cashing a rubber check instead??

Once you got him to laugh you can judge whether or not to allow an exchange of phone number or meet some place, like the internal McDonald's for beak time.

I always come up with odd things to break the ice, just never implement them, as I go about things much differently than most peeps.

• Author

He isn't a regular cashier. He's a self checkout cashier. When I left today he wasn't busy. He was just standing there. Usually in the mornings he isn't busy.

sdrawkcaB ssA
He isn't a regular cashier. He's a self checkout cashier. When I left today he wasn't busy. He was just standing there. Usually in the mornings he isn't busy.

Play a game with him... Self service peeps rarely ever have anything to do.

You can always get them to come over if there is trouble with the machine or if you have a few big items that must stay in the cart.

I can make the machine throw a fit by hitting the wrong touch button or swiping the wrong card. Like them discount cards from another store. Blame that on my hacking, as I love to break tech when it is so easy to. Hehehehhe!!

Once you get him to check things out, you can find some odd thing to bring up, like don't you hate standing there waiting for things like this to happen??

The rest is up to you...

• Like 1
  • Author

I know this seems weird but to me he's cute even though he's a little over weight & wears glasses. I have noticed he doesn't really talk to anyone. Not even his co-workers. I think he is probably just as shy. Usually in the morning when I go to this store there are usually at least two co-workers talking if they aren't busy especially self checkout cashiers.

The card idea remains easiest that is unambiguous. It also delays the rejection until later when he doesn't call.

So after you have checked out the shopping, call him over, as if something is wrong, and then say "I have this for you". If he wants a conversation at that point, he would be the initiator. Calling him over also makes it slightly private. Then, only he can see the card when you give it to him.

It is important to give him time to think because his natural reflex might cause him to give the wrong response if he's put on the spot for an immediate decision.

Edited by LoneIsland

I would maybe talk about his job? Act like you are interested in applying there! Maybe say, "Is it worth it to apply here?" And start talking about his job. "How long have you've been an employee here?" And so on. If he's shy, you are going to need to take some time with him, because if you just give him your number, he still might not call it, just because he's shy. With shy people you have to really make them comfortable, so I suggest that everytime you are in there you keep talking to him about something. Make him feel comfortable and open up. I wouldn't right off the bat give him your number because I think you should talk to him first, and get to know them, then let it lead to that point. My suggestions is to talk about his job, and if he says how much he hates it, just go along and try to create a convo out of it lol. Hope I helped.

Just go for the straightforward pass him a note as you walk out.

"Text me?" With your number and a smiley face

Hey if he doesn't or isn't interested, so be it. Don't sweat it. Rejection is a part of life don't be afraid of it. On to the next, his loss.

• Like 2

Guys are much more open to being approached than women, because it rarely happens to us. Go up to him one morning when he's not busy, say hi and strike up a conversation. Maybe start with some funny observation or question about his job, or about the store itself: "Is it always this busy this time of day?" Then after some back and forth, say you've seen him here a few times and wondered, if he's single, if he might like to exchange numbers. Smile and be flirty about it.

• Like 1
  • Author
Guys are much more open to being approached than women, because it rarely happens to us. Go up to him one morning when he's not busy, say hi and strike up a conversation. Maybe start with some funny observation or question about his job, or about the store itself: "Is it always this busy this time of day?" Then after some back and forth, say you've seen him here a few times and wondered, if he's single, if he might like to exchange numbers. Smile and be flirty about it.

Out of all the responses I like yours the best. Your suggestion sounds more like something I would feel comfortable doing. I never thought about guys not being approached that much. It's nice to get a view point from an actual guy. Thank you for your advice. I plan on going back to the store tomorrow. Hopefully he will be there. If he's not I will try your advice next time I see him. Thank you. :)

• Author

I went today & he wasn't there. Luckily I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow & the building is across the road from Walmart so I am going to go back in tomorrow. Luckily the appointment is early in the morning.

If you are sure he has seen you before, will recognize you as a frequent customer, I'd open with something flirty like "Fancy meeting you here." If he's open to chatting he'll move the conversation forward from there.

Your goal is to find out two things but not necessarily in this 1st convo but you do need to determine if he has a GF & what time he gets off work.

• Author
If you are sure he has seen you before, will recognize you as a frequent customer, I'd open with something flirty like "Fancy meeting you here." If he's open to chatting he'll move the conversation forward from there.

Your goal is to find out two things but not necessarily in this 1st convo but you do need to determine if he has a GF & what time he gets off work.

How could I find out what time he gets off? Should I casually mention I used to work there and got off at night.

I really did work at Walmart 14 years ago.

Depending on what time it is when you see him, as if that shift still gets off at _____ {fill in best guestimate of time 3 pm, 7 pm, closing etc}

• Author

Please don't be rude but I have never flirted before. For the past two years I have been single I do see cute guys in the store or cute cashiers. How would I go about flirting with them? The main reason I have never flirted is I am really shy and have low self esteem. Any tips would be appreciated. Please only serious responses no rude responses.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I am female.

Please don't be rude but I have never flirted before. For the past two years I have been single I do see cute guys in the store or cute cashiers. How would I go about flirting with them? The main reason I have never flirted is I am really shy and have low self esteem. Any tips would be appreciated. Please only serious responses no rude responses.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I am female.

Georgia, make it simple. A cute guy you like or are interested in, is just another person. Strike up a light conversation. Make a simple statement about what's going on around you, for instance. If it's crowded, say something about that. See how they respond. If they say something funny, giggle a little or laugh if it's that funny. Don't put pressure on yourself to be "flirty" or clever. When you are comfortable just talking with a stranger, the rest will come naturally. A simple smile and toss of your hair works sometimes too ;)

• Like 3
  • Author
Georgia, make it simple. A cute guy you like or are interested in, is just another person. Strike up a light conversation. Make a simple statement about what's going on around you, for instance. If it's crowded, say something about that. See how they respond. If they say something funny, giggle a little or laugh if it's that funny. Don't put pressure on yourself to be "flirty" or clever. When you are comfortable just talking with a stranger, the rest will come naturally. A simple smile and toss of your hair works sometimes too ;)

Thank you. I never thought of that.

I have noticed it's easier for me to talk to strangers I am not attracted to. But if I am attracted to someone I am scared to death to talk to them.

well since initiating conversation is out of option , why dont use non-verbal way with him (i'm talking about body language)

• Author
well since initiating conversation is out of option , why dont use non-verbal way with him (i'm talking about body language)

It's not out of the question starting a conversation. I am just scared to death he will reject me. I know rejection is apart of life but it's just a fear I have.

You're at the supermarket. You see a guy taller than you in the aisle. Even if you can reach the item, tap the guy lightly on his arm or shoulder and say, "Could you reach that cat litter for me?

You're in the supermarket. You see a guy and you're pretty sure he noticed you and will be keeping an eye on you. You walk around carrying an enormous multipack of toilet paper until you're in his line of vision and then you drop the huge multipack of toiletpaper on the floor and see if he will pick it up and help you.

You're at the supermarket. You see a cute guy. You look around wildly as if you lost something. As you start to go past him, you say, "Did you happen to see (insert local sports hero name here)? He says no. You say, "Oh, well, if it wasn't him, it sure looked like him. Do you like the (insert local sport team here)?"

In each scenario, you are smiling, of course. And be forewarned, in each of these scenarios a wife may suddenly appear out of nowhere foiling your plan. But if not and he starts a conversation, just be sure to ask him if he lives around here and how you've been meaning to go check out (insert coffee shop or dog park or bar here) and see if he takes the bait.

Really, all you have to do is learn to make yourself smile.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Removed offending scenarios
It's not out of the question starting a conversation. I am just scared to death he will reject me. I know rejection is apart of life but it's just a fear I have.

Everyone has a little bit of that fear. Rejection hurts. However, try not to think of it as rejection. After all, how can they actually reject you if they don't even know you. It's simply that that person wasn't attracted to you. It's not personal. It's about initial reaction . . . maybe they aren't attracted to brunettes, women who are too skinny, or too tall or too short, whatever. It's not about you or who you are. It also doesn't mean you're not attractive, it just means they are not attracted to you.

Keep trying. It will get easier.

I'm in the same spot as you OP. When you see a hot guy its hard to put yourself out there but if you practice at it, it does get easier. Good luck!

Stop giving him so much power. He's just some guy who works at WalMart. If he doesn't speak politely to you, he's a jerk. Plain and simple. Even if he doesn't instigate a deeper conversation or ask you out, that's not really a rejection because there never was much of a relationship / interaction.

You can do this.