Should I take down a post publicly declaring my ex is a cheater?

My ex has cheated on 5 different women to my knowledge. I know this as a fact since there is evidence and he admitted to it. He cheated on me with a married woman, then tried to cheat on her with me. I found out recently he then left the married woman for a normal gal who has no knowledge of his cheating past. He also physically abused me, choked me and I had to call the cops because I thought he might hurt me permanently. I've had so much anger at my ex that I created a post on one of those cheating websites with his picture and a brief description of him being a cheater.

He may notice at one point. He has an Internet presence and it's in the 8th page of google when you search for his name, but he'll likely notice it at some point. Should I take it down or not? Why or why not? This isn't like me to post such a thing but he's such a terrible person who just destroys people's lives and disposes of people. He has no remorse for what he did to me or any of the other women. Just plays the victim and justifies it. I believe he may be a sociopath.

• Author

Well my friend suggested there might be legal ramifications but I checked the site thoroughly about its terms and conditions with such things. Also, he's ruined so many women's lives, I'm not sure why he would conclude it's me who posted it. We broke up 8 months ago, and to my knowledge he's had 2 serious relationships since. Also during our relationship, he slept with another woman who he led on and now hates him too. Plus, one of my friends said something along the lines of, what if he changes... I can delete the post at any time though. And if he changes, I feel one of the first things he would do is apologize to me and the women he's hurt.

If you're going to out him this way, have the courage to do it and let it go. You do this, then you waffle back and forth, ask friends, post on a forum, worry about legal ramifications. Too much energy and thought you're investing in this man. Then if he apologizes you will then take it down? You believe he is a sociopath? You better stop waiting for an apology because hell will freeze over before you get your apology. So, either you post it and move on or take it down.

All this drama keeps you attached. Let it go. The best revenge is living well.

• Like 3

All this drama keeps you attached. Let it go. The best revenge is living well.

There is too much truth in this comment to let it go unnoticed.

• Like 2

The best thing you can do is make a person like that insignificant. He sounds like a cretin of massive proportions but that being said, your best course of action would be to completely delete him from your life....any trace of him purged as if he did not exist. For the opposite of love is not hate, it is total indifference.

Easier said than done of course, but with time, and moving forward with your own life will put the memory of his actions that much further in your rear view mirror each and every day.

Well my friend suggested there might be legal ramifications but I checked the site thoroughly about its terms and conditions with such things. Also, he's ruined so many women's lives, I'm not sure why he would conclude it's me who posted it. We broke up 8 months ago, and to my knowledge he's had 2 serious relationships since. Also during our relationship, he slept with another woman who he led on and now hates him too. Plus, one of my friends said something along the lines of, what if he changes... I can delete the post at any time though. And if he changes, I feel one of the first things he would do is apologize to me and the women he's hurt.

You aren't over him. How or why do you care that he has had two serious relationships since you? Leave that **** in the past

man_in_the_box

I'm no fan of these websites - people can put everything on there even if it's completely untrue. Although obviously I couldn't give two ****s about this guys reputation going to hell.

What are the legal ramifications for physical abuse?

Personally, I'd take it down if I were you. I'm not sure what the legal ramifications might be, but more than that, I'd worry about a vindictive, loose cannon, already-proven-to-be-violent ex seeing it.

At this point, living well truly is your best revenge. You escaped that bad romance, so the best thing to do IMO would be to shake the dust from your feet and walk away for good.

GorillaTheater
Leave it up but make sure everything is true.

And give us the link so we can get it on Google's first page.

Seriously, I have mixed feelings about it, but I see some usefulness in warning off future women who may otherwise become entangled with this guy.

The legal aspect? Meh.