Should I still stay with my first love?

ATeenInHighschool

She was my first love. We met in 8th grade, and quickly had this magical spark I had never felt before. We spent everyday with each other, we watched every movie that came out that summer, we would talked all day and night, we would lay down sometimes and just watch the stars. She was my best friend, and she was my love, we were in love, just like in the movies. We were each others firsts as well. It was your typical teenage puppy dog love. That was 4 years ago, today would have been our 4 year anniversary.

She cheated on me about a year into our relationship, with my best friend at that. I've never been the same since. She kissed him, and they had a thing going on behind my back. I never understood why, I tried to be the best I could be for her, but I guess my best just wasn't good enough. We broke up, I swore to not take her back, but being in love and really young, I did.

Our next few years were rocky. I didn't trust her, she lied constantly and she would still talk to he guy she cheated on me with. We would always break up, we were on and off, but would always get back together. It was if we just had fights one day and just forgive each other the next, forgetting it ever even happened.

Well, during our 3rd year together, I found out she gave the guy oral sex. At the time we were technically not going out, but we were always together, I would be there for her when she needed me, and we were basically sexually active with one another. I stopped talking to her for a while, I had too, I could not get that image of her and him out of my head, It was killing me inside. I actually told her I hated her and I would never love her again.

After a while, we started talking again, but this time we just decided to just use each other to satisfy our sexual needs, no feelings, nothing more than just sex. Well that didn't last long, the spark quickly became an ember, and we started up again. I never really did get over the fact that she did what she did, I;m not sure I'm over it now. We were together all the time during the last few months of school and summer. And she had actually changed, she wasn't the person she used to be, the lying stopped, and she basically promised me I was the only one she fell in love with, the only one she loves, the only person she will love. Things were the best they could ever be.

Now, It's September 18, 2013. And we are no longer together. We were inseparable during this past summer, but once school started, we just grew apart. I do my own things, she does hers. And honestly I can say I'm pretty happy right now! I'm doing really good on my own :) I have sports and my schoolwork to keep me plenty busy, and I'm making tons of new friends and trying a lot of new things! But I just have this empty feeling deep down inside. Like there's something or someone missing, a hole in my heart. The hole she left behind.

I don't know If I should try and fix things, and maybe try again, from day one. A fresh new start with her. Honestly, I can say I had the best three years of my life, even though all that happened, they were so many beautiful and memorable moments we shared together as well that it is hard to just throw all that away like it never happened. So my question is, should I still stay with my first love, or move one? Please help me on this situation, before I make the wrong decision.

Always & Forever

She was my first love. We met in 8th grade, and quickly had this magical spark I had never felt before. We spent everyday with each other, we watched every movie that came out that summer, we would talked all day and night, we would lay down sometimes and just watch the stars. She was my best friend, and she was my love, we were in love, just like in the movies. We were each others firsts as well. It was your typical teenage puppy dog love. That was 4 years ago, today would have been our 4 year anniversary.

She cheated on me about a year into our relationship, with my best friend at that. I've never been the same since. She kissed him, and they had a thing going on behind my back. I never understood why, I tried to be the best I could be for her, but I guess my best just wasn't good enough. We broke up, I swore to not take her back, but being in love and really young, I did.

Our next few years were rocky. I didn't trust her, she lied constantly and she would still talk to he guy she cheated on me with. We would always break up, we were on and off, but would always get back together. It was if we just had fights one day and just forgive each other the next, forgetting it ever even happened.

Well, during our 3rd year together, I found out she gave the guy oral sex. At the time we were technically not going out, but we were always together, I would be there for her when she needed me, and we were basically sexually active with one another. I stopped talking to her for a while, I had too, I could not get that image of her and him out of my head, It was killing me inside. I actually told her I hated her and I would never love her again.

After a while, we started talking again, but this time we just decided to just use each other to satisfy our sexual needs, no feelings, nothing more than just sex. Well that didn't last long, the spark quickly became an ember, and we started up again. I never really did get over the fact that she did what she did, I;m not sure I'm over it now. We were together all the time during the last few months of school and summer. And she had actually changed, she wasn't the person she used to be, the lying stopped, and she basically promised me I was the only one she fell in love with, the only one she loves, the only person she will love. Things were the best they could ever be.

Now, It's September 18, 2013. And we are no longer together. We were inseparable during this past summer, but once school started, we just grew apart. I do my own things, she does hers. And honestly I can say I'm pretty happy right now! I'm doing really good on my own :) I have sports and my schoolwork to keep me plenty busy, and I'm making tons of new friends and trying a lot of new things! But I just have this empty feeling deep down inside. Like there's something or someone missing, a hole in my heart. The hole she left behind.

I don't know If I should try and fix things, and maybe try again, from day one. A fresh new start with her. Honestly, I can say I had the best three years of my life, even though all that happened, they were so many beautiful and memorable moments we shared together as well that it is hard to just throw all that away like it never happened. So my question is, should I still stay with my first love, or move one? Please help me on this situation, before I make the wrong decision.

Always & Forever

First of all, how many other magical sparks could you possibly have felt by the 8th grade? I don't mean to be condescending, but think realistically: you have nothing else to compare that to.

To answer your question, move on. You're far, far too young to limit yourself to one not-so-great relationship. She has cheated and lied. Give more mature and loyal girls a chance and I promise, you won't regret it. You shared a lot together, so of course it's tough to overcome that. But you will and you'll create so many more wonderful memories with someone who is more deserving of your love.

There's a good chance that you would regret giving her yet another chance and passing up better opportunities. There's also a good chance that she will cheat again and then where will you be? In the long-run, this relationship isn't going to last. You'll both grow up and realize that who you were in the 8th grade isn't who you are today. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

I got as far as 'using each other to satisfy each others sexual needs.'

That's not love, move on and meet a woman who shares love with you, and doesn't give your friend oral sex.

Be strong with what you want, this girl is just about herself and her needs.