I got cheated but stop loving him right away

Is this a normal reaction? We've been together for 3 years but it's like I stopped loving him that very same day I found out. He became a stranger I didn't know that day and I just felt nothing anymore. Just like that, nothing but indifference.

My feelings changed when I found out. I think it's part of my personality. I've always had this intolerance towards poor treatment and I just stop caring about them. I don't really ask for too much. My only two deal-breakers are cheating and abuse. Both would make me stop loving a man quicker than if I were dealing with other issues.

• Author
Not sure if its normal or not, but I'm right there with you.

I stopped loving my x-wife the day I found out. She was no longer the person I was in love with. So I understand your feelings here.

Sorry to hear that.

Why do people cheat anyway? Don't they know nothing remains hidden in this world and everyone is discovered in the end?

It makes me sick that I would have wasted more time on him if I had not discovered it since he never planned on telling me.

Edited by JenniStil
  • Like 1

i wish i was on your page... I got cheated on and for some retarded reason i want her to work things out with me. It makes no sense. Icould never trust her, the thought of her and the guy would drive me nuts. yet, i still want to be with her. try explaining that to someone

I dunno if it's normal, when my ex cheated I was mad as hell. Stayed with her for a few months after but not cause I wanted to but because my living and financial situation required me to. Once that part was behind me I was out the door in a blink of an eye.

I don't hate her anymore, just don't care, or indifference, as you say. But yah, the moment I found out I was livid and was honestly worried about what I would physically do, so I stayed with my mom a for a week