What do you call this post relationship move?

To make a long story short...she cheated on me because she lost emotional feelings for me. She was honest about the cheating about the guy at her job, they kissed and she told me he "sweeps her off her feet" Come to find out, the guy is 9 years older, divorced with 2 kids that live in Chicago. He also told my ex that he had a gf in bolivia but she doesnt return his emails. The guy is former military is seems.

Anyway, the last day we saw each other I asked if she wanted to have dinner to come to closure on this. She wrote me a text and said:

"I've been just putting thought on this and let's please not go to the restaurant. If you want to come, let's just please talk in your car here at my job or wherever but we can't hang out tonight. It really is not appropriate and I ask you to please respect my change of mind about today. I've just been thinking a lot and I just don't think we are fit to do all of that."

After some talking with her, she came to, and decided to have dinner with me as our last closure moment. She said she wants to have No Contact to help "ME" mend my heart. She was more focused on my feelings, but she did say she felt guilty. I kept throwing the guy in the subject by saying, "Well, he must be giving you everything huh?" She says he has some issues going on right now. Then I said, "Well, you have learned in your past about going from one relationship to the next. You may save yourself some future heart break." Then she was like, "I'm not going to be with him yet -- " She caught herself and changed it by saying, she was not going to be with him right now and she doesn't know. Lastly, she said we may become friends later but she doesn't know. All the while she was balling out in tears while she was with me because she realized how much she hurt me. So we don't talk anymore now for 3 weeks, no texts no calls but she wants to still be friends on Facebook and I recall her "liking" some of my pictures. After I started showing pictures of me being haopp and hanging out with friends, she no longer "likes" them. But she's like hiding from me. She doesn't want to even see me it seems. We even joined a gym together a while back and now she is going to a different gym so that she won't see me anymore. She always had an issue with seeing people she used to know and tried to duck and hide away from them.

What is this issue about her? The other question I have is, why did she apply the No Contact rule on me really? Was she feeling guilty so she could get over me? Was it really for me to heal? You think this next fling will last long? Thanks.

Edited by Kilo88

NC is because she wants you to stay in ex mode forever.

There are too many people that married their cheating GF only to have them cheat on them again after the marriage.

Some of them even get knocked up by their OM. Then try to pass off the OC as yours.

You do not know how lucky you are she dumped you now.

• Like 1
  • Author
NC is because she wants you to stay in ex mode forever.

There are too many people that married their cheating GF only to have them cheat on them again after the marriage.

Some of them even get knocked up by their OM. Then try to pass off the OC as yours.

You do not know how lucky you are she dumped you now.

But do office flings like this ever last? Obviously she has built up some attraction over this guy for a little time. She gave hints to me in the past that her feelings are not growing, and even asked me my opinion about her hanging out with other guys. She's just a cheating ***** and I do hope karma bites her in the rear!