Okay. Soo, this will probably sound a little foolish to alot of you so keep all the "it doesn't matters" to yourself, because i've heard that before and it's about what matters to me, not to others. My boyfriend and i have been dating a little over a year. His ex girlfriend is gorgeous. I have always had these terrible thoughts that he loved her more than he loves me. They dated for a year, and broke up because she cheated on him. They talked about marriage and kids, as we have as well. He treats me great. We do get in fights, and he will get out of hand sometimes but nothing to extreme, just one another being upset. He is around my friends more than he is around his own, he is very good to me, always wants to be around my family, and says he loves me for me. He used to drink alot, and now that we are together he rarely drinks.

On the other hand, with his ex.. He used to get very worked up about her, want her around all the time, didnt let her see her friends. He drank every weekend, and just made her come with him everywhere he went. He would never drive to city to see her, or do anything she wanted.He did buy her whatever she wanted though. He was very mean to her, but also this girl cheated on him a bunch. He says he was mean to her even before that, but its hard for me to believe because i remember seeing lovey dovey things on facebook from him in the beginning of their relationship. It makes me feel like he was this way with her and got so worked up over her because he was reallly in love with her and wanted her to himself. He lets me mainlydo what i want, is it because he doesn't care as much about me? Did he really love her? Does he only treat me the way he does because i haven't cheated? If she hadn't cheated, would she get this as well? Please help. I hate feeling like he loved her more than he lovesme!

maybe sobering up a little has helped him see the mistakes he made and does not want to be that person. perhaps it has nothing to do with you.

how long between his break up and your relationship?

Sounds more like he just changed for the better. Grew up. Love does not equal "getting worked up".

If this ex was a cheating mess, partners like that can drive their other half just as insane.