Dealing with immature co worker --keeps making me jealous

I met this guy, he talked me into hanging out and we casually hung out a few times then out of no where he started ignoring my text and ignoring me at work.

He later text me and said he was sorry he didnt think he wanted whatever we were to continue and I told him that was fine and gave him his space.

Then he came up to me and asked to take me to eat he wanted to apologize again he missed being my friend and wanted to get that back so we agreed to just be friends.

We werent even friends a week before he quit respondning to my text which was fine however when I saw him at work he acted like I didnt even exist I have never had anyone blatantly ignore me like that before so I got mad. On top of that he followed the hostess around all night and flirted with her.

We work in a restaurant so he has to sign me before I can leave. I handed my check to him and he asked what was wrong. I told him I am not your friend (immature I know) then he laughed at me when I walked off.

I was furious and I tried to stay mature. The next day at work I made sure I didnt look at him and if we had to speak I was civil until it was time to check me and he asked me to do more than I usually am asked before I could leave. I angrily responded I didnt need to do as much as he was asking from me and he backed off and said ok. Then this time when I went to get signed he tossed my checkout away and walked off. The whole shift he flirted with every girl he could. I might be over thinking but I am pretty sure he even followed a girl to her car and waited until I walked out to tell her bye he would see her that night. Im literally 99% sure he was trying to make me jealous.

It hurts my feelings because I did like this guy. I wanted to be more than friends and he would tell me he wanted the same thing. I was the one who slowed things down to just friends I told him I wanted to take my time.

Im mostly confused why he would just randomly start ignoring me and then start flirting at work

january2011

I understand it's uncomfortable when co-workers fall out, but you are there for a specific purpose, to do your job.

Ignore him. Block/delete his number. Be professional at all times. Keep your head down and do your job. If he wants to spend his time playing games, let him. As long as he is not your line manager and your line manager doesn't show favouritism towards him, you should be fine to get on with what you need to do without any interference from him.

Otherwise, if the situation really becomes untenable, start looking for a new job and take this as a lesson learned about who you choose to be friends with at work.