my gf is putting another guy before me

hey everyone, ill try to make this long story short for u guys. me and my gf live in ohio. she is originally from north carolina so she goes down there to visit a couple times a year. when she came back a few days ago, she keeps telling me about this guy named chris who she used to hate and he would always be horrible to her. now that shes bak she keeps telling me how hes changed and now hes the " nicest person". now i have no problem with her having friends of the opposite sex but heres what got me. cops turn my girl on. she says shes always loved the masculinity of the job and the sense of protection. i want to be a cop, and that was one thing she liked about me. now she is telling me that chris wants to be a cop too! and things get worse. i have been grounded for the past week and yesterday she tells me that she and chris have been talking ever night on the phone for awhile, and sometimes me and her might have to get off at night so she can call chris! in my view, your girfriend or boyfriend is your number one priority in a serious relationship. we have been together for well over a year now and i dont know why she is doing this. i think if she ever asks to get off for him, ill dump her right there. to me thats like her spitting in my face. is my jealousy getting in the way? i dont know what to say to her or what to do. i need some help.

If you don't want to be the dumpee - then be the dumper. Find yourself some other girls to date - the next time you talk to her tell her that no longer want to be exclusive and leave it at that. If she starts talking about Chris, then you talk about your other girls.

You don't need to put up with being treated like dirt.

You have been dating for over a year you say? I agree with some of the previous posts, you should just confront her about the situation. Maybe she is not aware of what she is doing.. she is your girlfriend, at least, give her the benefit of the doubt. The reason why she might be so intrigued by Chris may be because he is something new to her. Him, wanting to become a cop is definately a boost on his part, but maybe you could try to spice up your relationship a little, and try to make things more exciting. A year into a relationship is definately enough time to grow comfortable with each other... and she may feel that everything is too much at an equalibrium. Spice things up! But more importantly, talk to her about her feelings for Chris.

hey guys. thanks for all the advice. i tried to bring it up to her bc she did try and make us get off the phone so she could talk to him but she ended up dumping me! 14 months of waste. i still cant really understand it. she said she felt tied down and she liked all the free time she had, but i guess no more chris for me, so ill start the coping process. thanks guys