Is it correct if I get jealous everytime my BF goes out w/ his Girl Best friend?

My bf has a best friend named Arlene. He use to like her very much and I know that because he told me and also because he carved her name on his right arm. He has recently been going out with her and some other friends. I get really really jealous when he tells me that he's going out with Arlene and her friends. I start acting stupid with him and he has told me that he's getting tired of it. How should I over come jealousy because I don't want our relationship to be over just because I get jealous all the time he goes out with them or what should I do?

• Author

My bf told me that on Thursday he was gonna go to Sixflags with Arlene and her friends, and on Friday they were gonna go to TJ. I haven't call him because I don't want him to think that I'm cheaking up on him, but he hasn't call me. The last time I talked to him was on Wednesday. What should I do? Wait for him to call me or should I call him?

What should I think of him when he's w/ Arlene and her friends and he hasn't had time to call me? :(

During these last two days, you've had some downtime, so you should have been out making some guyfriends, since your boyfriend is behaving like this with you.

Get a guyfriend and go and hang with him at the mall or something. See how your boyfriend likes it! ;)

~V

• Author

Yesterday, my bf text me, the text said to call him. So, I did. When he answered the phone he sounded happy. I asked him why didn't he call me on Thursday and he said," Cuz, I didn't have time." Of course I got really upset at him and he asked me, "Are you mad?'' I didn't say anything. Then I told him that I didn't want to talk and he told me,"Then, why did you call me?" I told him because you text me. He then told me to call him when I wanted to talk to him because he was not going to be kissing my ass. So, we hang up the phone.

What should I do in this situation?

Call him? Don't call him?

I need a little help.

Whoa...he has a tattoo of her?

Hmm.

That's VERY suspicious, I'd have a serious talk with him. I mean, you can trust someone, but when there are little hints like that and the hanging out a lot...that points to something bad.

Is it correct if I get jealous everytime my BF goes out w/ his Girl Best friend?

Jealousy is neither "correct" or "incorrect." It is just a fear response to certain emotional triggers that alert us to signs that our relationship may be in jeopardy.

Nothing wrong with the way you are feeling. And nothing wrong with your boyfriend spending time with friends UNLESS you are being excluded and kept out of the loop.

My guess is that your boyfriend may be young, immature and very inexperienced when it comes to what's required to sustain a healthy relationship.

In the future, it might be best to avoid entering into serious relationships with anyone whose idea of personal freedom, and independence means being able to live a secret double life behind your back. You are not required to tolerate childish or disrespectful behavior just to show how 'secure' you are. Nor are you required to turn a blind eye and give absolute, unconditional trust as proof of your love. And any person who unfairly demands that from you is deliberately taking advantage of your gullibility and is setting you up for a fall.

It's not 'jealousy' that you're feeling, rather your wiser inner voice. Listen to your intuition, it won't steer you wrong!

• Author

My bf called me today, but I couldn't answer his call. So, I text him and told him that I'll call him later.

This is what he text me back.

Ok then, but call. I'm sorry, I LOVE U girl (BIG KISS) @---->>---. =(.

Should I forgive him? or not?

I have a question for you. Why are you settling for this? Do you think he would accept all of this if the roles were reversed? He is so totally disrespecting you. He sounds like a player and player likes to play people with other people. I think you deserve a whole lot better in a bofriend than this. What he text to you were just words. You judge a person by their actions and not by their words. Don't you agree?

Sounds to me as if he is playing with you, until she becomes available to him.

Someone who really cared about you wouldn't go out with her and then not call. Someone who cared would have gone out with her and her friends and ducked off to make a quick phone call 'just to say hi and that I miss you'. If he considers that to be 'kissing your ass' then he isn't worth it.

A real man knows how to care for a woman, no matter if he is or isn't responsible for the hurt.

Good luck sweety, I know what it is like :confused:

Sounds like he wants to play both sides. It would be really hard for me to understand why my boyfriend would want to go out with another girl other than me, without me. I understand to an EXTENT the friend thing...yet, if he is true to you he wouldnt have gone without at least inviting you, cuz since their just friends, she can be your friend too right??

I would talk to him about his feelings and defienitly call him on the fact that he couldnt call you (please, what an excuse!) Either the talk ends in compromise about his spending ALONE time with her, or I would say ride the roller coaster outta this relationship!!

I agree with other posts. I think he could be playing you. Did he carve her name onto his arm while he was going out with you? That is not a good sign if he did.

I would hate it if I was going out with a guy who hung out with other girls espescially at night.

The jelousy would be eating away at me.

If you can't trust him. Brake up with him. You don't need all that extra stress and worrying when he is out without you.

You deserve someone better then that.