painful times

[color=darkred][/color]i just recently told my b/f i had cheated on him the first 2 weeks of our relationship. at the time we had not made our relationship official or dicussed it in any way. in fact i wasnt sure if he really cared for me which is why i cheated.but after he told me he loved me i know he truly did and havent cheated since. he says he still loves me and we'll get through everything but now everytime im aroubd him i cry and i think about how horrible i was for doing what i did? can anyone give me advice on how to get through this? i know we werent serious at the time so was it cheating? and y do i feel so terrible?

Whether or not it was cheating is a personal definition, and it's just semantics, so let it go. Instead, you need to work out the emotional issues of your partnership. You need to communicate (with words, not tears) how it is you feel, why you feel guilty, and you need to listen (with ears, not tears) to his response. If he still cares about you, which I'm sure he does, hopefully his words will heal you, since it seems to be you who has the guilt.

• Author

we have talked it through and he tells me not to cry and feel bad that he still loves me just as much. but everytime he i hold him or he does something nice for i start to cry b/c of the guilt and i dont know how to get thru this. :(

• Author

i just talked with my b/f and i feel alot better. we talked more about why i cheated and now we both understand y what it happend and that its in the past. it stll hurts a little but talking definately helped!

• 3 weeks later...

If you hadn't made your relationship exclusive, you were not cheating.

Don't feel bad you didn't do anything wrong.