Girlfriend's Repetitive Cheating...

Thank you for any input...

My girlfriend and I had been together for about 2 years. We loved each other very much and had even talked about the future together. During these 2 years a few times she would be at a party and get extremely drunk (not able to carry a thought from one minute to the next, stumbling aroud, not remembering things) and she would kiss or "makeout" with a guy there. Each time I found out I confronted her and it took alot to get her to admit it. Also, each time she cried and felt really bad and said that they were mistakes and she wans't thinking and didn't know what she was doing. She also assured me that she loved me and wanted to be with me and that it wouldn't happen again.

We (about 4 months ago) went through a time when she said she was unhappy with her life in general and didn't know what she wanted. So, at her request, we went on a "break" so that she could "make herself happy" (i had suspected depression for a while which she is finally going to see someone about now). During this "break" we were both at a party and once again whe was extremely drunk and I walked in on her making out with one of my supposed friends. We broke up but continued to talk. A few weeks ago we got back together because she said that she did not want to lose me forever. This past Monday I found out that on Saturday night she got very drunk again and kissed some guy in a bar.

Once again she cries and says that she is sorry for hurting me. She also says that it was another mistake and she didn't know what she was doing and that she wasn't sure about us.

I've broken up with her but I really love this girl and part of me still thinks that she is "the one." I want to let some time go by (a couple of months) and see how i feel and possible call her and see what happens.

I really do not know what to do. The only thing i can really ask is "why?" Why would she continue to let it happen if it hurts both of us so much and if she loves and cares about me? i don't think that I could really trust her again, but is there any chance that after all this she will not do it anymore? I've heard alot of people say that the being wasted is a poor excuse, but I'm not sure...

Thank you,

Christopher

It could be depression or alcoholism or some other psychological or medical reason. But whatever the cause - it's not going to just go away. She needs to be diagnosed and treated, and that means therapy. If she won't do this for herself then she doesn't want to get better.

She should get help for your sake - if she really loved you she would. I wouldn't wait around for her though. I'm sorry that your heart is breaking but if she were really "the one" you wouldn't be going through this now. She may have been the closest to being "the one" that you have known so far - but she's not it.

I am wondering how old you guys are. She sounds very young to me. I would think that after the first time she should have learned a lesson, and if this continues it will get more serious. Maybe she shouldn't drink, or has low self esteem?