Girlfriends ex calls everyday

Ive been with my girlfriend for two months now and for the most part we have a good relationship. The problem comes with her ex-boyfriend. He goes to college aboout an hour and a half away from where we are at. She had been with him for around a year and a half but then broke up with him for me. He still calls her everyday though and has told her that he will try his hardest to get her back. The calling everyday didnt bother me to bad at first but the I heard her telling him she loved him when they would hang up after he would say it. I completely dont think that is right and Ive told her how i feel and she says she cant help that she still "loves him but she says that its a different love because they had been together so long that she feels once you love somebody you never stop really loving them. I dont agree with that at all. I worry that they are going to get back together however she is all about me all the time. Should I be worried or do I need to do anything about this situation. Im not sure if i should just let our relationship run its course or try to put a stop to the calling all the time and whatnot.

I would walk away and tell her to give me a call when her phone is FREE for only ME! An occasional phone call from the ex is one thing....but daily with lovey talk???????? That wouldn't work for me at all.