My boyfriend is cheating on me with my arch enemy! what do i do?

missindependent01

I knew Josh was a player before i even started going out with him, but there was something about him that made me feel safe. And when i was around him everything was right in the world. And all this was just from my first impression. we waited 5 months before we finally started dating. I thought we were so happy, we would see each other almost everyday, and when we wouldn't, we talked on the phone. Nothing seemed to be going wrong and every night before he left he would whisper in my ear *i love you Lisha* and when we were on the phone he would always say he missed me. Then one week ago he seemed to get more distant. I'd be talking to him on the phone and he would't say much, or i would see him in person and he got really red. I knew something was wrong, so i went to his best friend Matt. I was talking to him, and he said everything was alright. but i knew it wasn't. Finally i got Matt to tell me what happened.. and i found out Josh has been cheating on me with the 2 girls i hate more than anything. I mean, what are the chances that he goes for the girls i cant stand to be around? I didn't think very likely. I was heartbroken. we've been dating for 2 months and one week exactly when i found that out. All i kept thinking was *how didn't i see it* *it was so obvious* and *how am i ever going to trust someone again?* I had plenty of chances to cheat on him too... but i loved him to much to even think of that. I don't know what to do. Should i play it off like i don't know? Or should i dump him on the spot. I know hes not treating me right, and i can do better.. but i love him, he just doesn't love me back. :( And him cheating on me is a lot more than just a kiss. what can i do? please help me!!

Dump him. The sooner you do it, the easier it will be on you and the sooner you can find a decent guy. You knew he was a player. He still is a player. He's not going to change. If I was to ask you if I should let somebody keep beating me with a stick, what would your answer be? Stay with this guy and it'll be the same - endless pain for you. This is unlikely to be love. It's likely infatuation - you will get over with it but , like any drug, you have to go cold turkey - starting now.

how am i ever going to trust someone again?

You just have to.

Sometimes people change, and sometimes they don't. You never know when going into a relationship with someone what the future holds. There is always some risk involved. If you don't eventually find the courage to put past hurts behind you and allow yourself to become vulnerable again, you will never give yourself the opportunity to find love.

You gave this guy one chance and there was nothing wrong with that. But since he blew it, I wouldn't give him another. Regardless of what his past history was with other women, he didn't find you special enough to treat you any different. And that's all the conformation you need.

I don't think it makes any difference if he cheated on you with someone you 'hated' or someone you were 'friends' with. The only applicable point here is that he isn't going to be faithful to you or any other woman. He may grow out of it......but that's doubtful. YEPPERS.......dump him and move on.

You may have some trust issues for awhile....but eventually you'll meet someone who will win your trust.

• Author
missindependent01

Thanks for the advice guys, you helped me a lot. I dumped Josh, and he took it harder than i thought. My friends are trying to hook me up with another guy, but i dont think i am ready for that. I think i should wait a while, i still have some problems with trusting people, but i am sure it will pass in time. THANKS FOR THE HELP! :D