Drunken Flirt

zoecharlene

One night after drinking a lot I sat really close to my best friends boyfriend. I placed my hand on his knee and conversed with him while looking at pictures.

I completely blacked out. I really drank a lot of beer and hard liquor.

I didn't come around to remember much until after I through up. I know it's going to sound like an excuse, but please believe that I'm being honest!

Well the next day after she told me I had did this, I was completely embarrassed!

Sober I would never have thought I'd do something like this to anyone's boyfriend, but I did it.....and I did it to the one person I dearly love.

I have a boyfriend myself and I would be extremely devastated if she would have done this to me.

My best friend and I talked and she said our friendship isn't worth ruining over this. She is no longer with her boyfriend, because she caught him with several girls numbers.

She told me I needed to watch my liquor, which is something I know I need to do. I don't drink all the time, and I normally don't go wild with liquor but that night I was fighting with my boyfriend.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? A black out where you did something that in a normal state of mind you would never do?

I would never want to hurt my friend and I never used to try for anyone's man in the past. I just never did stuff like that.

Where did this come from? And what was it? I would never want to do this again with anyone's man, and make anyone lose trust towards me.

I know half the problem is the drinking, so I know I need to watch my limit when I do drink, but I just maybe need advice on why I may have flirted with him, especially since I have such a jealous boyfriend.

If my boyfriend ever found out I did anything like that, he'd dump me and I wouldn't blame him.

Here're my thoughts:

-you have a good best friend.

-you should indeed watch your drinking. two drinks is plenty for a night.

-what you didn't isn't terrible. it's just a hand on his knee... just flirting. it's not like your kissed him or slept with him. so if your boyfriend would really dump you if he found out, i think he has serious jealousy problems which might cause you a lot of trouble later on.

- i don't think there're any deep causes for what you've done; you simply had too much to drink & forgot who not to flirt with.

good luck!

-yes

Or maybe you need to seek AA. Blackouts are not funny!

They are a serious indication of something amiss. If you blackout often, then you may even need medical care. Alcohol poisoning is also another possibility if you drink more than your body can handle. And this can lead to death.

Ok, with that said, cut back on the juice, make it easy on yourself. Thank your friend for being a good friend and forgiving you. Be nice to your boyfriend in case he finds out, and be nice to yourself so that you don't do it again.

Another woman may have taken you to the mat for touching her b/f. A black eye might be hard to explain.

Yes, I have had this happen. When I was very young, my best friends guy drove me home, we all had been drinking, this is not a good idea! Let me say that now! But, anyway, he leaned over and kissed me. I froze, got home as fast as I could, and never mentioned it again. I figured he was flirting. Well, the scumbag ends up telling his g/f everything. I feel like the bad guy. I guess he was afraid I would tell her. So, the moral to the story is, these things can definitely backfire on you.

I think many people have one or two nights like this and it's a hard lesson learned. I was told I made out with a manager from work at some club. That's definitely not professional, especially when word gets around. I was also told once that I sat out on the sidewalk outside my apartment for three hours telling everyone to let me be because the sidewalk is my only friend and they are not my friends.

Embarrassing? Yes. Socially destructive? Yes. Luckily your friend understood. Lesson? Watch the drinking.