Should I stay or should I go

I have a gf who I love and adore, and I really see a future with her....she is one of my housemates for the next 2 years at uni.... but recently I've been really tempted by this really cute girl at uni. I've even found myself dreaming about her whilst asleep with my gf. I don't know how much longer I can keep this girl out of my mind...... she's cute, funny, caring, and seems to like me.

However I love my girlfriend and don't know if I could go through hurting her, and this other girl is at least 3 years older than me.

I just don't know what to do....

Help!

quankanne

thinking about this other girl, well, it's only natural to wonder how it'd be, being with someone new, etc. but this sounds like a clear-cut decision to me, based on what you've shared.

You love your GF, you're rooming with her for the next two years ... you definitely don't need to be chasing skirts while you're involved with her! However, if you feel the urge to explore dating other girls, then do the right thing and break up with your girlfriend first. While it would hurt to lose a significant other, it hurts worse knowing that (s)he's been cheating on you.

Sounds like you already know the answer to your pickle: You are clearly not committed enough to your current girl to abdicate all rights to future exploration.

Let her go. You don't have to find reasons to no longer like her. And you clearly still love her to a certain extent. The point is, though, that you don't love her ENOUGH to keep yourself exclusively for her.

Personally I think that is a good thing at your age -- to keep dating and learning about what you really want and what you don't want in a committed realtionship. You should spend time scrolling down the threads here at Loveshack concerning mistake after mistake with partners who now see as mistakes from way back(many of whom, unlike you, went ahead and married and had kids with their mistakes).

As for the fact that the new girl is three years older: That's nothing. You are still at the same stage of life, and three years is a non-issue. On the other hand, if you start setting eyes on a woman who is 23 years older than you, then you must read my reply to the same situation in a recent thread. But I have a feeling that you are a more put together guy than the one in question in the other thread.

Have a good week-end. And don't forget to give your mother a call on Sunday!.

[color=orange][/color]

I think the following 3 things:

1. you & your gf might be spending too much time together or in fact not enough time.. which is why you're noticing other women

2. possibly your gf is viewing the same.... in terms of other men??

3. you might want to agree on seeing other people, and if in time you fall back in your gfs arms, then it was meant to me :)

• Author

cheers for the advice guys...and if anyone else can help I'd appreciate it.

as for what happens next I think I'm just going to wait and see