I was dating this guy for a couple of months and an ex girlfriend of his came to visit (he gave me 3 months notice) but I got all freaked out and insecure and he called me 2 days later and I never returned his call. Fast forward so we stopped talking and emailing each other then out of the blue he sends me an email that says " I miss your emails..." I did not return that email until 3 days later but in the mean time he left me a message to call him and he sent me another email. I know this sounds stupid but if it is over why is he sending me emails? is he playing with my head?

HokeyReligions

A lot of people on this board post about needing closure. If you just stopped responding and didn't actually break it off with him, maybe he is seeking closure from you.

If you did end the relationship, perhaps a brief but civil reminder to him would help.

In the last email you sent him, did you lead him to believe that you were interested in continuing the relationship?

[color=indigo]

It doesn't sound to me like he's playing games with you at all. He was nice enough to give you a 3 month warning ahead of time to tell you about his ex-girlfriend coming to visit. It was very immature of you to react the way you did. He was only looking out for you.

It is apparent he sent you that e-mail because he misses you. Did you even break up with him verbally or did you just stop all contact with him? If you don't want to be friends with him then tell him you don't wish for him to contact you again.

[/color]

Thank you for your response we never really even spoken about it. In fact I have not returned his calls so we have not spoken. I was to scared of being hurt so I was conveinced that he broke up with me.