My GF of a few months spent a night out with her Ex a few days ago. The Ex would be living for another state in a few days. Apparently, feelings got mixed up, and they slept together, even though she promised me nothing would happen....

I'm very glad she told me exactly what happened, as she could have lied. But now, I'm not sure how to deal with it. She has promised not to ever be out with her ex alone again, and only in a group. But sadly, her promises means nothing to me now. And she said just to give her time to prove it to me. I'm not sure now...... Should I just try to mend a broken vase? Or should I just leave it shattered? I love her a lot, this incident will always be a thorn.... pls advise.......

Love has nothing to do with it. She has shown herself to have insufficient character to be a decent partner. She's weak and easily tempted...not somebody you want to share your life with. She did this after she PROMISED that she wouldn't. People don't have to promise crap like that unless they intend to do otherwise somehow.

On the positive side, she did have the guts to tell you what she did and rip your heart to shreds...wasn't that special. That honesty may be enough to preserve some semblance of a friendship in years to come. I'd never turn my back on her, though.

Dump her butt. You'll never trust her again....or you could spend years building it up again and she'll always be suspect...everytime she leaves your presence. You don't need to live like that.

Sorry this happened to you. But better you find out just how weak she is now than later.