Changing music types

I have a few songs and music types I got from my last relationship, i.e. my ex introduced me to the songs and bands and now I like them.

The fact I still listen to it would that be a bad thing? Isn't some form of holding onto the past?

note I can't stand my ex, and am very happy in my relationship, my current partner just hates most of the songs I listen too, who I got from my ex's taste

Just A Girl2

Goodness sakes, music is music. It matters not one bit, who introduced you to that particular type of music. If you like it, you like it. Don't make a problem out of something if there's really no problem to be found.

Listen to whatever music you enjoy when your partner is not around. Try to enjoy music and activities with your partner that are of mutual pleasure.

God, if I ditched all the CDs I acquired because of men in my past, my collection would be minimal!

I don't think it's holding on to the past at all. It's just music. It would be like having to erase your brain of everything you learned from your ex, which is crazy. Everyone you date will leave you with something, be it a new music type, new favorite movie, new favorite food, etc. I hardly think it is holding on to the past to continue on with these things once those people leave your life.