Beyond Friendship?

Hello... need some advice and insight. I have dating my girlfriend for about 3 1/2 years now (long-distant relationship). About a year ago she began "hanging" with a new male friend. A cousin of someone she has babysitted in the past. It's not often they are together... it usually involves going out and playing pool at a local pub... and in some cases, spending time at his place (talking, watching movies, etc.). One night last Summer... things got a little out of hand... she was drinking... and initiated sex with her "friend"... but he refused due to their friendship (he had a girlfriend as well). I was upset to say the least... she swears this will never happen again... but insists on still being his friend. I should trust her she says... or we don't need the relationship anymore. I love her... and want to trust her more than anything in this world. Fact is... she is very socialble and loves to flirt... and is not shy about it... she says she loves me... and wants to be with me... only me.

Apart of me says... choose... him or me... another part of me says... hey this is stupid... it was a one time thing... let it go...

What do you think?

Thanks!

Your girlfriend is a major flirt. She wants to remain friends with the guy she tried to seduce. Those are the facts.

If you can accept those facts, keep her in your life. If you can't, terminate your relationship. Plain and simple!

I personally would not feel comfortable with the situation...but that's me.

That's the price you pay for being in a LDR. They really require MORE trust than any "normal" relationship...bc there are things that you don't have when you are in a LDR. For example, you can look in their eyes, look at their body language, to see if they are lying or not.

Let's take the LDR out of the question. Would you be comfortable with her having this behavior if you were THERE? And if you still forgave her, and she still wanted to hang out with him....would you try to stop it from happening??

If you answered no, then you don't need to be in this relationship. Maybe you should hold things off until you two could be together.

Don't let yourself buy into the "I was drunk" thing. We all know that alky just takes away the inhabitions...and she only did what she would do if she normally had the guts. Although, I have done some wild stuff when I was drunk...that I regretted...its only bc my inhabitions were gone, not bc I did something that I didn't want to do at the time. Keep that in mind!