Several days ago, my girl told me she tried to call me starting at about 8:30PM until about 10PM. She couldn't reach me either by cell or home phone. I recieved a call from a friend about 10:15PM. And today, I had unplugged my phone that rings and the others have the ringers turned off. She finally reached me by cell. She thinks it's suspicious that I haven't been reachable two days this week. She hasn't accused me of anything, but I can see it in her eyes. To give you a little background I used to be a serious player. When I was playing, I would have never done anything to get suspicious over. But for the last few relationships I just don't feel the need to play anymore. One woman is enough for me. I tell everyone I finally grew up. My question is, what should I do to make my girlfriend comfortable and trust me? It's like when I was playing I never got caught, but now that I'm not, I get "in trouble" for suspicious behaviour. She has told me she doesn't trust me, but wants to. What can I do? This woman is so important to me, and I want to prove to her I deserver her trust.

Al E.

YOU ASK: "My question is, what should I do to make my girlfriend comfortable and trust me?"

I think you should start by keeping your phones on and/or calling her regularly to see how she's doing. It's pretty obvious that she cares for you and likes to talk to you. You're a very lucky guy!

You know, I'd love to say that there is a sure fire way to get a girl to trust you, but there isn't. I've been with my girl for over 2 years and I'm completely devoted to her, i dont even LOOK at other girls, even when shes not around. I'm just not interested. She knows this and still constantly questions me about junk like that.

But if you want a suggestion why don't you try calling her more. This will show that you are thinking of her, even though shes not there. This is especially effective if you are out somewhere because it shows that you can take time out of your "busy" schedule just to talk to her.

On a side note I'm glad you are no longer a player, i really despise them. Back in middle school i always wanted to be one but once i hit high school and saw what kind of girls they get, i no longer wanted it. I prefer nice girls with a wild side, not some skank who only cares about her hair and makeup...but thats just me.

It's not so much that she couldn't reach you. But it's also that you obviously weren't thinking about her, or didn't notice that she WASN'T calling....or you weren't thinking about her enough to call HER.