am i overanalyzing?

Throughout the course of the last quarter in my college class, i was unsure but thought i had noticed subtle signs of a girl being interested in me ie... sitting close, walking behind me and the sorts. I was with someone at the time and did not pursue. As time progressed, the relationship did not work out and i then became single.

On the last day of class, i asked for the teachers email address and we exchanged numbers. We also had a decent convo and built rapport before i asked for her number.

We only had a few txt messages back and forth all in regards to school, then i decide to call her. Had a nice brief talk, told her i liked to get to know her better and asked for her to go out to dinner and she asked if anyone else was coming. I thought this was stupid seeing as we did not know eachother and told her that, she laughed and agreed. She suggested a day, i told her i was busy, i suggested a day and she said her bf was coming back. She then suggested another day and we now have tentative plans for friday.

*basically, my question is if she is interested at all? it is quite obvious what my intentions were yet she laughed and agreed. also, i would not think that she was interested had it not been for the subtle signs that at one point she was attracted/interested. why did she mention the bf? and where exactly should i go from here? i am not usually one to overanalyze btw*

thanks all...

It's been my experience that whenever an internet thread is titled "Am I overanalyzing?" the answer is usually yes. Regardless of topic.

Ok, a few things here.

1. You are over analyzing

2. She mentioned the bf because she wanted you to know.

3. She wanted to know if other people were coming because she doesn't consider this a date, more like a little get together.

4. Usually the rule is that if they are with a bf and you go out with them, don't expect anything to come from it other than a friendship. Remember that just because you hear stories about girls leaving their men to go out with someone doesn't mean that it always happen. Don't ever consider yourself an exception to the rules.

That said, go out, but don't consider it a date. Don't look for subtle signs or double entendre in what she says. Make it just a friendship from there and work your way up.

A few points:

- You're thinking way too much about this.

- You are definitely on her "friend ladder."

- Since you know she has a boyfriend, regardless of if she's interested in you, do you really want to get involved in what is sure to be a messy and dramatic situation?