My boyfriend handed me a bra that I left at his house one night---the problem is ---it is not my bra. When I told him (a few days later--It looked like one of mine and it wasn't til I tried putting it on that I realized it wasn't mine) he said it was an innocent mistake, that it must belong to his x girlfriend. He moved a few months back and he shoved clothes in a bag when moving---he said he didn't realize it was there. I don't think he is cheating but I was in shock---and I don't know how I should handle this. I am a little confused.

This was pretty stupid of him to do.

Just tell him you didn't appreciate the mistake he made...that you don't appreciate him holding on to his ex's bra...and then forget it.

Accept his explanation and don't think about it anymore. I remember a time I kept an ex's shoes in my closet for several years...don't even remember the reason. (Maybe I was going to give them back to her, maybe I was going to give them to my sister). Then one day I tossed them.

I'd accept his excuse but at the same time let him know it was something that hurt you, confused you, and certainly something that was not very endearing.

Then just forget it. The fact that he actually did this is evidence that he's not seeing anyone else right now...or surely he would have been lots more careful. It's also evidence he's not an expert on bras.

• Author

Thanks Tony. I think you're right. I think it was a pretty stupid thing to do and your post made me LOL. No, he doesn't know much about bras. Maybe this is petty but it made me quietly chuckle to know I am a lot "bigger" than his X--but, no matter, I shall forget about it and do as you suggested. A thousand thanks.