Uncertainty

deadairspace

deadairspace

Has anyone ever met a person who seems perfect in every way imaginable and gives you a sense of happiness and completion upon their mere presence? That is the situation that I am faced with. I honestly feel as if the concept of a soulmate is real....and he is mine. But being an apprehensive person, I'm not sure if he feels the same for me.

Everyone...and I mean, everyone, including my own mother, believes that he does indeed feel romantically towards me.

According to everyone, he constantly looks at me...and I have caught him a few times...but I wrote that off as common human behavior. What caught my attention, though, was the observation of a friend who said while he was speaking with her, he constantly looked off in my direction. She said that it seemed as if he talked to her as an excuse to face me.

He always seems to smile around me...or become happy around me. But sometimes he pretends that I'm not even there...all the while looking at me from the corner of his eye.

I'm not a flirt...but around him, I am. I gave him a hug recently and I watched as his mood rose. I told him that I'll begin treating him like another co-worker of mine...hugging him and whatnot (the other co-worker is a rather big fellow and I've known him for years..). He said he'd feel self-concious then because I would be calling him fat. I thought about it and sort of concluded that he cares what I thought of him...and perhaps that may be a possible sign of admiration.

As he was leaving the same day...I said playfully "Bye...I love you!". Again, his mood rose dramatically as a big smile spread across his face.

..A while back, he was asked whether or not he liked me more than a friend...he said nothing. He simply smiled and walked away. And when my co-workers teased, labeling me 'his girl'...he said nothing...but he also made no facial expression.

He constantly makes idle talk with me as well...just the other day he spent some time asking me what type of music I liked.."do you like this band?"..."or this one?"...etc.

Does it sound like he likes me?

I feel as if he is sending me mixed messages...but he is shy as well...and he's never had a girlfriend before.

....and I know that if my mother says that he likes me...then there may be potential.

I really never felt such an attraction to anyone...it's beginning to scare me, how much I like him. Honestly, my heart began racing when he came into work the other day...and I miss him like crazy when he's not there.

I'm afraid of losing a possibly amazing relationship...but at the same time I'm scared to death of rejection and humiliation.

I don't know how to handle this situation.

:eek:

Some people have a problem with over thinking situations...

This is you.

You need to just take a deep breath. Calm down. Think about this logically...

Trying to read in to "do you like this band" is really not a good idea...

Either this guy likes you, or he doesn't. The only real way to find this out is to lay things on the table. Ask him out to dinner, tell him you really like him, wait for his response and if the mood is right... go in for a kiss.

You already said "I love you", so I don't see why are you so worried about sticking your neck out!

Everyone has to face rejection. Rejection is a part of life. As humans, we need to know how to pick ourselves back up and move on.

You don't even know this guy... I don't believe in soul mates, so I seriously don't think there is some kind of cosmic connection here.

"I don't know how to handle this situation"...

No offence, but I don't really see a "situation".

Chill out, and stop hyping this guy (and "possible relationship") up to unattainable expectations...

Chances are, he is probably just a boring guy that will end up disapointing you anyway :p haha.

:eek:

Chances are, he is probably just a boring guy that will end up disapointing you anyway :p haha.

LOL! I haven't met one that turned out to be anything but that yet! At least men are consistant! :lmao:

Has anyone ever met a person who seems perfect in every way imaginable and gives you a sense of happiness and completion upon their mere presence?

You don't even know this person! You're basing your opinion of his perfection merely on brief encounters at work. This isn't about 'soulmates'. It's about one massive, honking crush on someone you know nothing about.

He's a grownup. Whether or not he's had a girlfriend or not, he's not incapable of speech and could have asked you out by now.

Basing your idea that he likes you on the fact that he looks at you, smiles at you, and talks to you is what you do when you're in grade school.

You need to spend some time having a reality check - you don't know a thing about the guy. There are plenty of people in the world who seem all nice and wonderful when you only see them once and a while but are miserable sots to spend lots of time with.

The other thing is that dating someone from work can be an extremely bad idea if it doesn't work out.

Don't tell him you love him again. He knows that you don't know him very well at all and that will make you sound very immature. You can try asking him out or wait and see if he asks you out, but again, not a good idea at all to date someone you work with.

Realize that you have a crush. Crushes can be fun to have so long as you know them for what they are - you can enjoy yourself on the high you're getting but know that it's not real love and don't allow yourself to mistake it for real love.

Realize that you have a crush. Crushes can be fun to have so long as you know them for what they are - you can enjoy yourself on the high you're getting but know that it's not real love and don't allow yourself to mistake it for real love.

:laugh: I have about 17 crushes going at the moment- does that mean they are all my soul mates?! OF COURSE NOT!! Outcast is right- you need to accept, in your mind, this is just a crush, otherwise you will scare him off..

whichwayisup

3 words...ASK HIM OUT.

Just tell him, "I'd really like it if you and I could go out for dinner sometime."

Short sweet and to the point. Then, just see how things go from there.

I don't want to burst your bubble about this guy, but it sounds to me like if he really liked you, he would have asked you out by now, or at least made a bolder move to better get to know you. Guys are usually pretty perceptive about women who like them (and you haven't exactly been subtle), and in my eperience at least they're pretty good at pursuing what they want. So either he is of the extremely meek variety, or he isn't that into you, or, possibly, you are misreading the depth of your relationship/connection and he is barely aware of your existance in the first place. I would bet on number two. Of course, there is only one way to find out what his deal is - ask him out! - but if he isn't into you after all, things could get awkward.

You don't even know this person!

This is completely wrong. I know him very well...I hang out with him outside of work...his sister is my best friend...I know his whole family..and we exchange phone calls. Work is not the only setting where I spend time with him and I've known him for almost 3 years already. He's actually a good friend of mine.

• Author
deadairspace
:laugh: I have about 17 crushes going at the moment- does that mean they are all my soul mates?! OF COURSE NOT!! Outcast is right- you need to accept, in your mind, this is just a crush, otherwise you will scare him off..

It's not a situation where I'm falling over him. It's a situation where I know the guy very well...and feel a huge connection with him. I know a difference between a crush and the real thing...I'm much more complex than you percieve me to be. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. I guess it's a "you need to be there" kind of thing.

• Author
deadairspace
I don't want to burst your bubble about this guy, but it sounds to me like if he really liked you, he would have asked you out by now, or at least made a bolder move to better get to know you. Guys are usually pretty perceptive about women who like them (and you haven't exactly been subtle), and in my eperience at least they're pretty good at pursuing what they want. So either he is of the extremely meek variety, or he isn't that into you, or, possibly, you are misreading the depth of your relationship/connection and he is barely aware of your existance in the first place. I would bet on number two. Of course, there is only one way to find out what his deal is - ask him out! - but if he isn't into you after all, things could get awkward.

Again, he knows me very well...and we go out quite often (with others). This guy is extremely shy...it took me almost a month to get him to have a full conversation with me. I am the same way..and I wouldn't dare ask anyone out.