Why Doesnt he want to spend time with me

NightsInWhiteSatin

NightsInWhiteSatin

Everyone i know...and i mean EVERYONE who is in a relationship have very similar relationships in which theyre both in love, spend all their spare time together, both give and receive in the relationship so it's not all one sided, eachother comes first, etc etc!

But mines not like that...we're both in love...yet we hardly see eachother...even when he has time to see me he goes out with his mates for example...

Last week i saw him 3 times which involved watching him do his job till midnight then have him fall asleep on me 2 hours after he'd finished work.

Monday he had work

Tuesday night was supposed to be just me and him WITHOUT his work for a change and he turns up...over an hour late as usual and announces his mate is on his way and we have to travel to lots of random places for his work till 11pm. Theres always something!!!

Wednesday night he had no work and he had a lads night out, which is fair enough, got no problem with that!

Thursday he had work

Tonight for a change he doesnt have work....i ring him to see what he's doing and he's off out with his mates again...didnt even ask me if i wanted to come...hadnt mentioned it to me in any of our phone calls during the week...didn't suggest that i come at all throughout the conversation...

Saturday night he has free which is soooooooooooo rare so ive made him promise to spend it with me...but sometimes i think if i didnt make him promise to spend time with me....would he want to and go out of his way to arrange time with me himself? I feel like im constantly persuading him to spend time with me....and i bet absolutly anything that something will come up at the last minute involving work of some sort...oh and he'll be at least an hour later if not 2.

Sunday i think he's working...but if he's not i guarrentee he's not spending his time with me he'll find something else to do.

Im quite hurt by tonight....im not being silly and selfish am i???

I have no friends....i spend all my time at home doing artwork for my course unless i've been put on the rota at work....and he knows this. I have no social interaction unless one of my two 'mates' can drag themselves away from their boyfriends to spend time with me once every blue moon.

When my friends do drag themselves away and i get chance to talk to them they say that i need to (for the lack of a better word)...train my boyfriend...and that they wouldnt put up with half the stuff i put up with...the truth is i am a push over especially when it comes to the people i love...and i really dont know how to handle this situation i'm kinda stuck and i'd really appreciate it if any of you could give me some advice on this...thankyou.

blind_otter

My opinion, which is worth about as much as dirt is to you, is that he's not that into you. You deserve to have a relationship that is fulfilling to you and doesn't require you begging for attention and survive off scraps of affection.

If this is something you really feel is worth investing a lot of effort in, try couples counseling, because there is no magic solution to this problem, if you've already clearly communicated what you want/need and he is continuing to ignore your needs and not spend time with you.

Blind Otter nailed it!! Couldn't have said it any better. Nobody should settle for scraps. You've got to know your better than that! If not listen up, "You're better than that!"