Can a girl get tired of being asked out?

RetroMan

There's a girl where I work (and it's a casual job where relationships are commonplace...so no need to go into the whole "shouldnt date who you work with etc...") who I wouldn't mind asking out, but from what I can tell she has had interest expressed in her a few times.

At a staff party one night, no less than three people seemed to be after her but she didn't seem interested in any of them. I asked her what was wrong with one particular guy who had been trying to get a bit 'cosy' with her, and she said that he was her age and still seemed a bit pubescent and that she would like someone a bit older (she's 19).

Now, at this party, had it not been for all these other guys, I would've expressed my interest but I was put off by the fact that she had already been pursued by a few and thought she might be sick of it so I didn't. I felt they'd used up all the 'asking out' credit that night.

I was chatting to her for a bit, teasing her a bit and trying to find out if there was ANYONE that she fancied at all (as you do, when you're drunk) and she said that there were a couple but wouldn't say who. My friend (who has a girlfriend) is convinced that he's in with a chance and that she likes him but...well...he's the kind of man that believes what he wants to believe so I take that with a pinch of salt.

ANYWAY...what was my question? Oh yeah. That was a few weeks ago now. Do you think it'd hurt to give her my number or anything? I'm 22 and wondered if perhaps her older boy comment could have been a hint, especially as recently we've been talking quite alot and getting on better with each other than we have done before, and she always seems to have a big smile for me...but then again, perhaps I'm just believing what I want to?

Just recently split up with my last girlfriend...but when we got together it happened quite effortlessly and so I'm still pretty much a novice in the world of actually approaching women.

Thoughts, opinions, whatever? It's over to you!

Ta for listening.