how do connections happen?

mattea

one of my friends says that there are several ways to connect with someone your dating - emotional, mental and physical - an having all three is what she needs.

my question is, how have connections happened for others in their relationships? have they happened immediately or grown over time? how long?

my boyfriend (of a few months) told me last night that he felt immediately connected to one of his friends... he felt like he'd known the guy for a long time when they first met and they immediately clicked. he mentioned that this doesn't happen often, which is true! i have clicked in that way with one of my friends - i feel like we just relate so well and it was almost instant!

i didn't feel an immediate strong connection with my new boyfriend and although i like him, i'm still unsure whether those feelings will grow. it made me kind of sad to realize that we've both quickly bonded with others, but not each other. we have frequent silences when i wish we had lots to talk about. are these bad signs?

Yes, the frequent silences are a bad sign. What is a good sign is if you have bonded with anyone in your life, male or female. It means you are able to make an emotional connection with someone.

I say that because I have never had a close emotional connection with anyone. I think the ability to have romantic relationships is much better if you are able to have strong friendships too. I say that because I am a loner and it looks as though a loner I shall be to the end of my days.