When Guys/Girls disappear?

Lilly

When someone you are dating just disappears for no apparent reason, is this just a chicken way of breaking up with someone they don't want to date anymore and don't want to tell them. Or is it something more? What does it usually mean. If I don't want to date someone anymore, I usually tell them.

It is avoidance .. I did it once when I was younger.. I just didn't want to face the music of hurting her..

Some say cowardly.. I just didn't know how to do it without hurting someone..and I was yound (23) I was guilt ridden for weeks until she called me up and called me out for it..

Classic poultry. The person is too chicken to say to your face (or by any other means for that matter) so they bail.

• Author

Okay then. What does it mean if they keep disappearing and then coming back with some lame excuse why they've been gone?

Okay then. What does it mean if they keep disappearing and then coming back with some lame excuse why they've been gone?

It really doesn't matter what it means.. if someone disappears without notice.. they are disrespecting you.. if they come back then you should show some self love and tell them to pack it in their as*, that you will not be treated like that..

whichwayisup

Call him on it. Just tell him that you don't appreciate his disappearing acts and it makes you feel unimportant to him. If you let him get away with it and keep on taking him back, letting him know it's okay to do that, HE WILL keep on disappearing whenever he feels like it.

What kind of lame excuses are you talking about? Like, for example...? Just curious here.

• Like 1
  • Author

I went out on three dates with this guy and he did not know where I lived because I always met him somewhere. He only had my cell number because my home phone is in the name of my business. He did not know the name of my business. He also did not know any of my friends or anyone else that knew me. He said he lost my phone number and didn't have any way of getting in contact with me. He said he kept thinking that I might call him, but I never did. I believed this because it sounded logical.

He found my phone number two months later under the seat of his car. He said he was afraid to call at first, but decided to anyway and ask me out again. We dated again for about another month and then he disappeared again. I haven't heard from him in over three weeks.

travellingman
He said he lost my phone number and didn't have any way of getting in contact with me.

When a man is really into a woman, he will chase down her number even if it's unlisted and she lives on the North Pole. This guy has no balls, and you need to find someone better.

• Like 1
whichwayisup
I went out on three dates with this guy and he did not know where I lived because I always met him somewhere. He only had my cell number because my home phone is in the name of my business. He did not know the name of my business. He also did not know any of my friends or anyone else that knew me. He said he lost my phone number and didn't have any way of getting in contact with me. He said he kept thinking that I might call him, but I never did. I believed this because it sounded logical.

He found my phone number two months later under the seat of his car. He said he was afraid to call at first, but decided to anyway and ask me out again. We dated again for about another month and then he disappeared again. I haven't heard from him in over three weeks.

I understand now.

TM is right on the money with his thoughts on this.