Is this a compliment?

livinglife2019

livinglife2019

I had dinner with a guy and he said he liked my enthusiasm, is that an actual compliment or was he just saying it to be nice? I've never had anyone say it to me before. I asked him my enthusiasm about what but he never answered that part. I've been called endearing, cute and adorable in the past so I know they are subtle compliments but I've never had I like your enthusiasm said to me before.

todreaminblue

its a positive compliment....and a nice quality to notice...says something about him...he likes positive energy rather than negative....he likes passion and happiness.....which i feel enthusiasm is ...passionate happiness..like your bubbliness.....I have to look up the definition of enthusiasm now....smilin...im ocd about words....

what did you find positive about the date and him? did you tell him what you like about him?

...you must have been bubbly for him to see your enthusiasm.so you liked him and the date?..deb

edit...lol here you go ENTHUSIASM...passion and spirit...and fire

eagerness, keenness, ardor, fervor, passion, zeal, zest, gusto, energy, verve, vigor, vehemence, fire, spirit, avidity; More

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 2

It's a compliment. You're upbeat, fun, bubbly, happy. You must have very much enjoyed the date and I don't know what you two did, but you were pretty excited about it. He likes your upbeat attitude and you seem interested. Consider the awkwardness or shyness that can come with a first date, and maybe quite a few of the women he's dated have been a bit more reserved, maybe he's had a few strikes because they just don't come across as interested, and you're behaving the opposite. Take it for what it is. He likes your outgoing, happy personality.

intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval.

"her energy and enthusiasm for life"

synonyms: eagerness, keenness, ardor, fervor, passion, zeal, zest, gusto, energy, verve, vigor, vehemence, fire, spirit, avidity;

• Like 3
I had dinner with a guy and he said he liked my enthusiasm, is that an actual compliment or was he just saying it to be nice? I've never had anyone say it to me before. I asked him my enthusiasm about what but he never answered that part. I've been called endearing, cute and adorable in the past so I know they are subtle compliments but I've never had I like your enthusiasm said to me before.

It's a compliment

He used a word you never heard before to describe yourself. Since he couldn't delve into further, it was just something nice to say.

• Like 2

I agree with what has been said, UNLESS he meant you're too hyper. Context and tone would mean a lot here, I think. So it was a compliment, or he was calling you a spaz. Overly energetic? Is he really laid back?

Michelle ma Belle
I agree with what has been said, UNLESS he meant you're too hyper. Context and tone would mean a lot here, I think. So it was a compliment, or he was calling you a spaz. Overly energetic? Is he really laid back?

He said he "liked her enthusiasm" as opposed to saying something neutral like "you have a lot of enthusiasm" etc. where he's simply pointed out something without actually expressing his feelings about it.

I'm with the camp who says it was a compliment. I've been told that many times and I'm no spaz :p

• Like 1

That is pretty specific & unusual. It is hardly something somebody would come up with just to "be nice."

Why didn't it feel like a compliment to you?

• Like 1