What happened here?

Met a girl who worked at a bakery/cake shop the other day. Turns out, we both attend the same college. We got along pretty well, at least I thought we did.. She made fun of me for coming out on a school night, etc. Anyway, before leaving, I asked for her contact information, and she left me her social media profile (she input her info on my phone). She then told me that she'll hopefully see me at school after winter break.

However, it's been a few days and she has yet to accept my follow and I'm wondering what went wrong. Should I message her? And if so, what should I say?

nme,

She made fun of me for coming out on a school night, etc.

Why would you want to date someone who made fun of you?

She's not taking you seriously, move on.

Sorry x

• Like 1
  • Author
nme,

Why would you want to date someone who made fun of you?

She's not taking you seriously, move on.

Sorry x

Well, she was being playful, sort of teasing me, so it's not to be taken too seriously

nme,

so it's not to be taken too seriously

exactly what I said, she's not taking you seriously :rolleyes:

Boomerang3378

Nothing went wrong believe me. Here is just an opinion of what I think happened:

Some girls are very friendly and they talk and appear happy when you go up and talk to them (with strangers as well as with people whom they know). So most guys think that the girl is interested. But when you ask them out, the situation gets awkward, they start ignoring you, they say they have a boyfriend or they give you their details and then never get back to you. Which is quite ok as they don't owe anyone anything. This is however not always the case.

What I think has happened in your situation (I could be wrong) is that the girl sensed that you were interested in her, was not interested in you herself, gave you her social media info just to appear civil and then decided to not accept your request or whatever. Girls do this ALL the time. It's pretty normal. Nothing went wrong and you did not do anything wrong. Just because she decided to not want to get to know you that way does not make you in any way inferior. I know what I am saying sounds cheesy but when you do start making progress with women, you will understand how it works

My advice to you is to play it cool and try to avoid her. When you do run into her, please do not bring up any talk about why she didn't accept your request or whatever. Pretend like it never happened. Be a little patient, try to look your best and eventually you will get somebody else.

• Like 4

I agree only interested people have np showing it by contacting you, adding you, are excited to see you, do go out and meet you. She's not interested. Don't bother texting her.