Is this text implying what I think it is?

Kelliousme

Hi guys! A little update from my previous post. Long story short, I like this guy and he showed interest until we both realized we had a 15 year age gap. With the advice everyone had given me I took the initiative to invite him out to have breakfast. It was an amazing place that offered breakfast buffet. Afterwards I went to work and he texted me to thank me for showing him such a nice place. Then I jokingly said:

Me: I'm getting heavy and big!

Him: I gotta stop feeding you lol.

Me: You only took me out to eat a few times.

Him: Don't blame me when you get fat.

I'm not sure if this guy wants to pursue a relationship with me anymore. But I felt the text implied something more. Or maybe it's just me. We had a long conversation when we ate. I noticed he kept staring me in the eyes when we talked. Anyhow, we stopped texting. Not sure how to proceed. :(

Edited by Kelliousme

It looks as though you were both joking about volumes of food eaten.

I can't see anything relationship wise or not in the texts.

What is it that you think the text/s implied?

• Like 3

Why don't you just come out with it and tell him you don't care about the age gap and would like to pursue things further than friendship. You will not get any kind of results unless you say it to him.

Anyhow, we stopped texting. Not sure how to proceed. :(

As you have made your intentions known and given him encouragement, then you need to wait for his next move.

As the texting has stopped then I guess it is not good news for you.

Any interested guy would be blowing up your phone or at least arranged another date, it is not as if you are total strangers.

• Author
Why don't you just come out with it and tell him you don't care about the age gap and would like to pursue things further than friendship. You will not get any kind of results unless you say it to him.

I did.

You guys are right. I've already said all I needed to. It's probably best to move on. :(

You guys are right. I've already said all I needed to. It's probably best to move on. :(

I don't think you should throw in the towel just yet. I think you both are unsure of where the other person stands so one needs to make a bold move. I think you should do it or just watch him slip away...

I don't think you should throw in the towel just yet. I think you both are unsure of where the other person stands so one needs to make a bold move. I think you should do it or just watch him slip away...

There is a limit.

He is not some inexperienced 19yo, he is 40.

He doesn't need everything spelled out in big letters.

He is not texting or calling after she made her move, nor has he even arranged another breakfast...

I don't think it's implying anything. The words seems funny, like appropriate banter which you started to him at the time. It's texting not the 7th draft of his novel, where's he agonized over every word. He didn't put that much thought behind the words so don't over read them.

If anything it implies that he wants to keep feeding you . . . keep seeing you.

You need to calm down & get in the slow lane. You can't fast track a relationship if you expect it to last. Give the man some time to breathe & a chance to ask you out. This time of year is hectic for most people. I can be very hard to squeeze in a date with family obligations, present buying & end of the year work deadlines. Don't make any decisions about this until at least the first full week of January 2018.