I messed up big time, went for a friend's crush from a couple of years ago.

Bios

Hi there,

To cut the story short, I am somewhat dating a girl that my friend had feelings for in the past. My friend liked this girl a couple years back but was rejected, they eventually became close friends. My friend introduced her to me in a party and we got close too after a couple of months and now we are dating. FYI, my friend currently has a Girlfriend.

So what happened was that I never told my friend I have feelings for this girl. I've been going for her behind his back, but I do know that he somehow senses that I was doing that. But still, I never said anything. So eventually, the girl told him that we have mutual feelings for each other, then I only left him a message after to verify what she said. So of course he is upset of what I've done and how I did not respect the bro code. I am serious about this girl and so is she. I know I could've handled it better or I could've told him earlier. I already left a message apologizing for what I've done. What else can I do? What should I not do? Does he have the right to get mad at me still even if he already has a girlfriend? I ****ed up for sure, but love makes you do stupid things.

Drop her now. You won't be able to trust him or her if it gets too serious. There will be others. They probably still have eachother's contact information. I don't even trust them and I don't even know them!

I'm not quite sure why the poster above suggested you dump this girl....everything is fine, enjoy your relationship.

Regarding your friend: He's mad about the fact you did it behind his back. You should have been honest from the start. Him having a girlfriend doesn't make much of a difference as the main issue is he probably feels like you lied to him (by omission).

You apologized so now it's up to him. Either he'll get over it or he won't. Nothing you can do about it. He'll probably get over it.

Edited by 2much4
  • Like 4

You should have told him from the start, so bad friend move there.

He should get over it though considering they never dated! If I was him I wouldn't throw a friendship away for that, especially if it was two years ago and I had a new partner.

• Like 1

If they were an item for a short period of time, and he still had feelings, then definitely it's best not to go there in the first place. Life's too short to deliberately cause drama amongst friends.

Given that she rejected him though, I assume they never dated. In which case, I don't see that he has a whole lot to complain about.

I think that you should have told your friend that were dating her from the start - not because you needed permission, but to just clear the air and give him a heads up - but you didn't do anything horribly wrong. It sounds like they never were involved, she clearly rejected him and he should have moved on from his feelings for her long ago. Let things settle for a bit, give him some space and then see if he's moved past it.

• Like 1

OK, so what if your friend is pissed. He thinks he still has a chance, but the truth is, he doesn't so you don't have to worry about him. As for you, you can date anyone you want. Your friend has no right to dictate who yo can or can't have as a GF. Sure the friendship might end, or he will sulk about it for awhile....but the reality of it is, he would have done the same thing if he was in your shoes. So don't sweat it and enjoy your new GF.

OK, so what if your friend is pissed. He thinks he still has a chance, but the truth is, he doesn't so you don't have to worry about him. As for you, you can date anyone you want. Your friend has no right to dictate who yo can or can't have as a GF. Sure the friendship might end, or he will sulk about it for awhile....but the reality of it is, he would have done the same thing if he was in your shoes. So don't sweat it and enjoy your new GF.

this.

Also bro code has two sides.

If you can't get a certain woman you step back and don't block your friends from getting with her.

Drop her now. You won't be able to trust him or her if it gets too serious. There will be others. They probably still have eachother's contact information. I don't even trust them and I don't even know them!

This makes so little sense that I'm inclined to say you replied to the wrong post...