Is this normal in a relationship?

Leah_16

I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months and at the beginning he used to text me all day, see me like 5 times a week and he had a lot of details with me, like flowers, short trips, etc.

Now he texts me through the day but just some texts and he is so busy right now with 2 jobs and school that we can see each other like 2 or 3 times a week. He says he loves me more than ever and that he is sorry that he has been so busy and absent but even when I’m trying to be understanding and not clingy I feel the change.

• Author
IS he busier now than he was 8 months ago?

I suppose he is, 8 months ago he had just 1 job and wasn’t studying. Also his mother wasn’t sick like now.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I suppose he is, 8 months ago he had just 1 job and wasn’t studying. Also his mother wasn’t sick like now.

Then give him a break. He has a lot on his plate and you're not his only priority. Be a supportive girlfriend.

• Like 5

There is your answer. The demands on his time have tripled. He's still in contact with you multiple times per day & still seeing you 2-3x per week. The guy must get no sleep. He's putting in a Herculean effort & you are whining. From where I sit it looks like this guy is busting his chops to give you as much time as he has between 2 jobs, studying & a sick mom. Which one of those things do you think he should give up: one of the jobs, school, his sick mom or his relationship with an unappreciative girl? Only the last looks expendable to me.

• Like 5

Support him. He works and studies. This is the most important things when we are young. He does it for you too.

Maybe you have too much time? Find some hobby.

• Like 4

This will be a test if your relationship can handle the long haul. When problems arise, or a change in professions, etc...things do and will change. BUT it doesn't sound like it's permanent. You will have to find other ways to spend your time rather than looking down at your phone for a text from him. In other words, do worry about it.

• Like 1

So he's not playing video games or out drinking with his boys, chasing other girls or talking to them.

He's working two jobs, studying and taking care of a sick parent.

I think you need to cut him some slack, find things to occupy your time and be a way more supportive girlfriend than you currently are because out of all of these things on his list, you'll be the one who will be crossed off if you become too stressful to him. He's under enough stress as it is without you adding to it because you're bored.

• Like 2

Lol, studying with 2 jobs and taking care of his parents!

Give him a break. Be grateful he even has time to say hello:laugh:

I can't do that, he is a superman!

• Like 2
I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months and at the beginning he used to text me all day, see me like 5 times a week and he had a lot of details with me, like flowers, short trips, etc.

Now he texts me through the day but just some texts and he is so busy right now with 2 jobs and school that we can see each other like 2 or 3 times a week. He says he loves me more than ever and that he is sorry that he has been so busy and absent but even when I’m trying to be understanding and not clingy I feel the change.

He sounds like he's really busy. You have to take a back step and why aren't you so busy yourself? Also try to be patient with him. That's all you can do. Or just move in with each other then. It's been 8 months what's the hold up with you two?

Assuming you have evidence that he is in fact that busy, then there isn't a problem. In fact, he's still managing to make time to text you every day, AND visit you multiple times a week despite 2 jobs, studying and a sick mother. I know it sucks not seeing him as much, but you can rest easy knowing he is still definitely invested in the relationship. Try to be supportive of him, and invest your extra time in other things - spend more time on hobbies, go and see friends.

• Like 2
He sounds like he's really busy. You have to take a back step and why aren't you so busy yourself? Also try to be patient with him. That's all you can do. Or just move in with each other then. It's been 8 months what's the hold up with you two?

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. 8 months is too soon to be talking about moving in together. Why are you pushing that option.

Plus her living with this guy is not the solution. He will still be at work or with his sick mom. When he's home he'll need to study not hang out with her.

Pushing cohabitation is not the answer.

• Like 2

There is your answer...