Date 7

kangaroo

Date 7 is today. So far we have gone out for drinks and spent some time back at mine. Tonight we’re having dinner out. This to me seems a progression, but he doesn’t text so much and the calling me beautiful etc has been less. Obviously it’s always going to be less after a while. Said before he wasnt seeing anyone else unless I was (I’m not) but he’s still on a dating site (I’m not as it causes me much less problems). He has anxiety, but seems pretty much together. I have some issues from past events but am pretty together too. I struggle tho when I start liking a guy.. I feel vulnerable and my trust issues come out. This then changes the way a guy sees me. I am not insecure or clingy but when my anxiety is there, it can seem so unless the other person understands my background. Where should I be on date 7? Opening up about my stuff? He opened up to me about something before. But I’ve also seen him liking something like a quote about how being single is addictive cos it can feel better than putting the time and effort into something that goes wrong. I don’t know what I should do in date 7.

Have you two had sex? Frankly, at date seven, there should have been or should be some talk about exclusivity. Ask him if you two are a couple and exclusive. He is still on the OLD site b/c he doesn't feel that you have firmly indicated what you two are or, unfortunately, b/c he is looking beyond you.

I think it's crazy to dismiss the importance of 'labels.' It may not have to be publicly announced, but the two parties involved should know clearly what is up. You (and he) have invested 6-dates, hours into this relationship. You like him? You want more? I don't see what the purpose of going on blindly does. He's either into you and commits, or you know that he is looking past you.

Just have fun on date 7. Don't stress yourself out with should's deadlines or timetables. Act more confident then you feel. Ask about taking the profile down but be willing to delete yours too. Be light & fun to be around. Be open to getting to know each other more but leave all skeletons safely in the closet.

• Author
Just have fun on date 7. Don't stress yourself out with should's deadlines or timetables. Act more confident then you feel. Ask about taking the profile down but be willing to delete yours too. Be light & fun to be around. Be open to getting to know each other more but leave all skeletons safely in the closet.

Even tho he’s showed me his skeletons? I feel it’s part of him understanding who I am. But yes I aim to have a good time. My profile was deleted a couple of weeks ago.

You don't know that those are all the skeletons. I'm a fairly private individual. My skeletons don't get revealed for months. For example-- almost 20 years ago I got a DWI. If I was dating, I don't know that I would share that with a new guy for a long time certainly not on date 7.

I just don't want you to trust somebody with your deepest darkest secrets who hasn't really earned that trust

• Author

I just don't want you to trust somebody with your deepest darkest secrets who hasn't really earned that trust

Makes sense. thank you. What if he brings it up?