not opportunist

knight192

Hi,

Yesterday I went out to the pub with French friends to a French meet up (in uk) and turned that the barmaid who was really beautiful was speaking a bit of French. Anyway I talked briefly with her but keeping in mind she was pretty and barmaid didn't even try to ask her out or anything.

One of my friend has been more ballsy and clever than I as he has been able to get her fb saying he could help her with her French and her with his English.

I don't know why but it made very jealous as I was quite attracted to get. Plus I live there since years and my friend just stay here for one more month.

However said he would gave me her fb later on which is nice of him but I feel a bit like a loser plus that would be a bit weak to add a girl on fb like that.

Anyway now I am frustrated with myself to haven't even try to ask her number when I really fancied her... Anything I can do yo help/ save the situation and hope having my chance?

Thanks for your kind advices

Yeah. Go up to her the next time and ask her for her number. Simple. You're friend promised French lessons via FB. I find that just dumb. If he was so 'clever' why didn't he just ask her out? Subterfuge?

Anyway, don't promise some lame FB language lesson. Just ask her if she's seeing anyone and ask her if she'd be interested in a date. If all goes well, you get a date, her name, and FB connection, if that is so important.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I went back to the pub as advised. Well I wouldn't say it is that simple as the girl is working and the pub is pretty busy!!

Anyway I have been pretty unlucky, I tried to dodge people so she served me, when it was my turn and she was about to serve me she went away, I don't know where). I wait 10 min like a dickhead, still not back. So went to do some shopping next door, came back 45 min later, still not here. So I gave up.

As I said not so easy, plus I don't go often to that pub so I went there especially ha!

Did one of you ever ask the number of a barmaid ?

Michelle ma Belle
I went back to the pub as advised. Well I wouldn't say it is that simple as the girl is working and the pub is pretty busy!!

Anyway I have been pretty unlucky, I tried to dodge people so she served me, when it was my turn and she was about to serve me she went away, I don't know where). I wait 10 min like a dickhead, still not back. So went to do some shopping next door, came back 45 min later, still not here. So I gave up.

As I said not so easy, plus I don't go often to that pub so I went there especially ha!

Did one of you ever ask the number of a barmaid ?

Grab a cocktail napkin from the bar and write on it; "Would love to get to you know better. Fancy a drink after work one night?"

Hand it to her while she's serving you and see what she says.

Even if she declines, I think she'll appreciate the creative gesture. If she's even remotely attractive, she probably gets hit on by plenty of guys asking for her phone number or FB :rolleyes:

Set yourself apart a bit. Getting her full attention during peak times while she's working is challenging so you have to do something that will make her pause for a moment.

It worked on me once upon a time :)

Good luck.